Amazon dash button: Things won't come online, INITIALIZING

A lag of 3-6 seconds (normally) is what I see - it takes some time for the DB to power-up and to ask for a DHCP address (which is what the script checks for). That should be the minimum for any solution that relies of intercepting the network traffic.

On the restart issue: no idea, I never had that problem - the solution is rock-solid for months here.

which mac adress do I have to put here?

def arp_display(pkt):
        if pkt.haslayer(DHCP):
                print (pkt[Ether].src)
                for index in range(len(dash_mac)):
                        if pkt[Ether].src == dash_mac[index]: #die MAC Adresse des Button mit Kleinbuchstaben!

You need to go through the setup for the Dash button through the Amazon app in order to set up the Wi-Fi on the button. You don’t need to associate a product - just set up the Wi-Fi. You can then go to your router’s configuration dialogs to find that button’s IP and in turn int corresponding MAC. This is the MAC address you need.

I have done that already. All Buttons are available in the WLAN section of my Router.
Two Buttons are working - the rest not -.-

Installed Amazon-dash now, that seems to be easier in configuration

In my case (OH 2.4 stable on Raspberry Pi 3), just renaming the thing differently (e.g. change between uppercase and lower case) in Paper UI sets it back online. No need to delete things.

Did you find another solution? I have the same problem after rebooting my OpenHab.

Yes it works! very strange. This is a workaround, but unfortunately no solution.

Or simply change/add/delete just one letter and save it. That is a known workaround, and I use it aswell. I don’t know a solution.

This is a workaround, but unfortunately no solution.

after updating my system it suddendly crashed and I had to start from the beginning. now I have a problem concerning this old threat.

2 amazon DashButtons are woking … 2 other ones not

this is the not working one:
it´s not switching the item

019-12-25 15:04:11.245 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'DashDecke' received command ON
2019-12-25 15:04:11.249 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - DashDecke predicted to become NULL

the working one is this:

2019-12-25 14:58:48.841 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Schrank_Kueche1' received command OFF
2019-12-25 14:58:48.867 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Dashfinish changed from ON to OFF
2019-12-25 14:58:48.873 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Schrank_Kueche1 changed from ON to OFF

I don´t know why the first one doesn´t work

does anybody know if the line "is predicted to become null comes from the amazon-dash binding or from any other config file in openhab?

04:11.249 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - DashDecke predicted to become NULL

i have found the solution:
in paperui there is a a function in things.
the thing must be configured with the auto update funktion “enforce an auto update”

now it works

but what is the command in the items file???