[Amazon Echo Control] Account changes between ONLINE and OFFLINE every minute

Hi there,

my Amazon Echo Control binding seems to be confused about the login state of my account.
The log changes between online and offline every few minutes.

When browsing to http://openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/ and opening my account, i don´t get an login screen.
I´m directly forwarded to the index with all my Amazon devices shown.

Log:

2018-07-28 11:23:50.158 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:account:Michael' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login fails. Check your credentials and try to login with your webbrowser to http(s)://<youropenhab:yourport>/amazonechocontrol/Michael

Wichtige Mitteilung! Zum besseren Schutz Ihres Kontos geben Sie bitte nochmals Ihr Passwort ein, und geben Sie dann die Zeichen ein, die in der Abbildung unten gezeigt werden.

2018-07-28 11:23:50.164 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2018-07-28 11:23:50.167 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:1' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2018-07-28 11:24:00.068 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - tFlurLicht changed from 11 to 10

2018-07-28 11:24:00.829 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE

2018-07-28 11:24:02.925 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:account:Michael' changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login fails. Check your credentials and try to login with your webbrowser to http(s)://<youropenhab:yourport>/amazonechocontrol/Michael

Wichtige Mitteilung! Zum besseren Schutz Ihres Kontos geben Sie bitte nochmals Ihr Passwort ein, und geben Sie dann die Zeichen ein, die in der Abbildung unten gezeigt werden. to ONLINE

2018-07-28 11:24:02.934 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:1' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE

AmazonEcho.things:

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:Michael "Amazon" [amazonSite="amazon.de", email="myself@email.com", password="SomeSuperStrongPassword", pollingIntervalInSeconds=30]
{
    Thing echo echoFlur "Alexa" @ "Flur" [serialNumber="SERIALNUMBER"]
}

AmazonEcho.items:

Group Alexa_Flur <player>

Player echoFlur_Player "Echo Flur" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:player"}
Dimmer echoFlur_Volume "Echo Flur [%.0f %%]" <soundvolume> (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:volume"}

String echoFlur_ImageUrl "Bild URL" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:imageUrl"}
String echoFlur_Title "Titel" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:title"}
String echoFlur_Subtitle1 "Interpret" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:subtitle1"}
String echoFlur_Subtitle2 "Playlist" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:subtitle2"}
String echoFlur_Provider "Anbieter" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:providerDisplayName"}

String echoFlur_MusicProviderID "Musik Anbieter ID" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:musicProviderId"}
String echoFlur_PlayMusicCommand "Starte Musikwiedergabe" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:playMusicVoiceCommand"}
String echoFlur_StartCommand "Starte Information" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:startCommand"}

String echoFlur_RadioID "Radio Sender ID" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:radioStationId"}
String echoFlur_Radio "Radio Sender" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:radio"}

String echoFlur_aMusicTrackID "Amazon Music Track ID" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:amazonMusicTrackId"}
String echoFlur_aMusicPlaylistID "Amazon Music Playlist ID" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:amazonMusicPlaylistId"}
String echoFlur_aMusic "Amazon Music" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:amazonMusic"}

String echoFlur_BTMAC "Bluetooth MAC" <bluetooth> (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:bluetoothMAC"}
String echoFlur_BT "Bluetooth" <bluetooth> (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:bluetooth"}
String echoFlur_BTName "Bluehooth Gerät" <bluetooth> (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:bluetoothDeviceName"}

String echoFlur_TTS "Text to Speech" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:textToSpeech"}
String echoFlur_Remind "Erinnerung" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:remind"}
String echoFlur_Alarm "Alarm starten" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:playAlarmSound"}
String echoFlur_Routine "Routine starten" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:Michael:echoFlur:startRoutine"}

//Switch echoBriefingT_Save "Speichern" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:echoBriefing1:save"}
//Switch echoBriefingT_Active "Aktiv" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:echoBriefing1:active"}
//Switch echoBriefingT_Play "Abspielen" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:echoBriefing1:playOnDevice"}

//Switch echoBriefingL_Save "Speichern" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:echoBriefing2:save"}
//Switch echoBriefingL_Active "Aktiv" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:echoBriefing2:active"}
//Switch echoBriefingL_Play "Abspielen" (Alexa_Flur, Flur) {channel="amazonechocontrol:flashbriefingprofile:Michael:echoBriefing2:playOnDevice"}

I already removed the flashbriefingprofile but this doesn´t change anything.

kind regards
Michael

Same thing here.
Whenever I can login on http://192.168.178.50:8080/amazonechocontrol/xxxx/, it works for a while.

But out of a sudden it toggles between ONLINE and OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

Having the same problem. Asking for rentering my password all the time.
“Wichtige Mitteilung! Zum besseren Schutz Ihres Kontos geben Sie bitte nochmals Ihr Passwort ein, und geben Sie dann die Zeichen ein, die in der Abbildung unten gezeigt werden”

Since it has happend for me twice already, i’ve created an issue:

I’v used your data @Bredmich, hope that’s ok. I removed your name from the log entries

3 Likes

Any update on this issue? I’m on the 2.4 binding for it and get the same thing. Happens every minute or less, over and over. My credentials are fine (clearly, as it goes back ONLINE after going OFFLINE 10 seconds later - same as the OP’s logs). I think last time I removed the binding and re-added it, and it was fine for a week, but then comes back again.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-08-10 09:02:44.313 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Login failed: Login fails. Check your credentials and try to login with your webbrowser to http(s)://<youropenhab:yourport>/amazonechocontrol/Amazon_Account
Important Message! To better protect your account, please re-enter your password and then enter the characters as they are shown in the image below.

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2018-08-10 09:02:44.330 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:account:Amazon_Account' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login fails. Check your credentials and try to login with your webbrowser to http(s)://<youropenhab:yourport>/amazonechocontrol/Amazon_Account
Important Message! To better protect your account, please re-enter your password and then enter the characters as they are shown in the image below.
2018-08-10 09:02:44.334 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Amazon_Account:G090LF09712617RS' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2018-08-10 09:02:44.340 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:wha:Amazon_Account:ef276ce3c2b24448b827f2ab6ac57f4d' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2018-08-10 09:02:44.347 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Amazon_Account:G090LF09641708XC' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2018-08-10 09:02:44.351 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Amazon_Account:B0F00715539701DL' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2018-08-10 09:02:54.703 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Date changed from 2018-08-10T09:01:54.625+1200 to 2018-08-10T09:02:54.680+1200
2018-08-10 09:02:56.253 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Amazon_Account:G090LF09641708XC' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
2018-08-10 09:02:57.170 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Amazon_Account:B0F00715539701DL' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
2018-08-10 09:02:58.602 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:echo:Amazon_Account:G090LF09712617RS' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
2018-08-10 09:02:59.927 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:wha:Amazon_Account:ef276ce3c2b24448b827f2ab6ac57f4d' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
2018-08-10 09:03:04.677 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'amazonechocontrol:account:Amazon_Account' changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login fails. Check your credentials and try to login with your webbrowser to http(s)://<youropenhab:yourport>/amazonechocontrol/Amazon_Account
Important Message! To better protect your account, please re-enter your password and then enter the characters as they are shown in the image below. to ONLINE

I believe that it happens to you also each 5 days. Have a look at your log files and check when it is happening.

As written on the issue at GitHub I think it is somehow connected to the session being recreated by the binding each 5 days.

My workaround so far is to enter invalid credentials, save them, enter valid credentials and then i’m being forwarded to the login page again.

------ Originalnachricht ------

thanks, good workaround - but painfully annoying. still works, just fills up logs with erroneous messages.

Is there an update to this or do we really have to enter invalid credentials and re login in every five days to use this binding?

Another alternative is to look for

OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

in your amazonechocontrol thing and restart the binding through karaf:

executeCommandLine('sudo /usr/bin/ssh -p 8101 -i /home/openhab/karaf_keys/openhab.id_rsa openhab@localhost bundle:restart "Amazon Echo Control Binding"', 6000)

this will lead to the same result (login page will re-appear.

1 Like

But that doesn’t seem like a workaround if we have to do this this often. Its not just error messages it seems to me that the devices don’t respond to commands until the reset is performed and you can’t tell when then the binding goes into offline mode without logging in to check on it. This bascially makes the binding almost useless if we have to mange it this often by re-logging in. What is the root cause of this?

Is this an amazon security issue? Binding?

You are right.
It’s not really a full solution.

However, for my personal case it’s the best I can achieve.

As soon as the binding shows the problem „CONFIGURATION_ERROR“ the binding ist not working anymore and floods the log file.

The automatic restart will solve that latter issue and will notify me.
For making the binding to work properly again, the credentials need to be adjusted.
That’s better than nothing - for me :wink: