Amazon Echo Control Binding Errors - Play - over sitemap

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel = Linux 5.10.17-v7+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
OH3.1.0

Hello,

since I’ve upgraded to OH3, I have run into the same error again and again.

What did I do:
I’ve linked the bridge as usually to Openhab → works.
All of my devices are discovered → works

I can sporadic control my echo dot
as example:
Volume switching is hard laggy → slider is not as smooth in OH2.
But anyway, the main problem is that every time I press on the play or stop button I get an error
see below.

for debugging, I added all items as the example file

I’ve already found a topic where the solution was, to upgrade manually the binding.

with this topic, I manually upgraded to snapshot 3.2.0 which is the “newest”
https://openhab.jfrog.io/ui/native/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/

Error still the same.

2021-07-08 19:24:53.665 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@9bef80': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090U610916420K9&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA' failed: Not Found

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090U610916420K9&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA' failed: Not Found

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:691) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.command(Connection.java:1157) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.playRadio(Connection.java:1278) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:514) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy616.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:80) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

maybe someone can help me with this error

push

I’m not getting any error in openhab log, but the text to speech is not working at all in openhab 3.0.2 for me (just started migrating from 2.5). Looking at http://ipaddress:8080/amazonechocontrol/account1 for both 2.5 and 3.0.2 I don’t see any difference. It shows the device is online. The events log shows the item gets the text. Nothing from the Amazon side though. The thing and item files are identical to 2.5 and I see nothing in the help text that suggests I should do anything different in 3.0.

I had to restart to get the console to work (I was going to set the log level to debug). And now it works.

can you play music via openhab ?
Like pressing play oder stop button ?

Error still occurs since Sep 2021

anyone can maybe help ?
can’t press pause, play, skip, and so on.
Only the volume can be controlled.

Items and Sitemap are identical with the binding tutorial
https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/amazonechocontrol/

If I play music manually over speech control or my smartphone, the items get correctly filled but still no interaction with a pause or play button.

of course, it is possible to work around this problem with the speech control, and a rule “play Spotify” or something like that can be hard programmed with a rule… but that’s not the use case for me actually.
I would like to use the binding.

error code:

2022-01-16 15:21:15.266 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@84632': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090U610916420K9&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA' failed: null

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090U610916420K9&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA' failed: null

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:691) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.command(Connection.java:1157) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:276) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor133.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy1857.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:80) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor132.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]