Amazon Echo Control Binding Errors

Gday All,

I updated OpenHab yesterday from 2.3 to 2.4 and everything was working fine, got home tonight and am getting this error every few seconds which was killing the performance of paper UI and HabPanel;

2019-04-29 19:02:53.343 [ERROR] [ersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder] - An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.

org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.process.MappableException: org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url ‘https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/entities?skillId=amzn1.ask.1p.music’ failed: Bad Request

If i go manually to the URL I got a json file back with Excess Requests error or something the first time now it wont come up again :frowning:

So I uninstalled the Amazon Echo Control Binding and of course stopped getting the error message, but I am guessing that it had been polling that URL for hours and Amazon said nope no more :slight_smile:

So I am guessing the binding needs some sort of error handling added to catch this and stop it from constantly trying to retrieve this file?

Is there anyway I can tag this for the binding developer to see?

Login to Amazon has changed, update your Echo binding to the latest 2.5 snapshot or Beta version:

same problem with openhab 2.5 on debian

I have Amazon Echo Binding and OpenHAB 2.5.8. All of a sudden (yesterday) I’m getting:

2020-09-19 12:54:32.217 [WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Parsing json failed

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1:444081704"

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:41) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:41) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.parseJson(Connection.java:966) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.getPlaylists(Connection.java:1131) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_252]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:1.8.0_252]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_252]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:1.8.0_252]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_252]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_252]

Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1:444081704"

at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:2043) ~[?:1.8.0_252]

at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseDouble(FloatingDecimal.java:110) ~[?:1.8.0_252]

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextInt(JsonReader.java:1201) ~[?:?]

Could be the same problem like this one here:

or here:

Yes it it is the same problem reported as a “new pronlem” 3 days ago. Still no response.

I have started getting JSON parsing errors and the currently very long and multiple AmazonEchoControlBinding threads do not make it easy to raise these errors to the developers and get them on the fix list.

Perhaps the binding needs its own sub folder on the forum?

I will take a look around and see if I can find a snapshot version of the binding later than mine to try

Regards
Paul

Usually one should open a new thread and tag it accordingly.
grafik
If you are sure you’ve found an error you should open an issue on github.

which was already done for the json parsing error: