Amazon Echo Items and PaperUI

So I just setup openHAB for the first time using PaperUI. Discovered a bunch of Z-wave devices and configured everything for Amazon Echo. I see that in order for Alexa to Discover the Items, Items must have Tags in the .items files. Well, since everything was setup using PaperUI, there are no .Items files. So my questions are

1. Is there a way to add tags through PaperUI or HABAdmin?
  2. If not, is there a way to generate .item files from Items setup in PaperUI?

I don’t see a way to add the tag through PaperUI. If you need to add the tag for alexa, I think for now the only way it to configure will be via items file manually.

All the manually config files are located in /etc/openhab2.

Any idea if there’s a way to generate the items files from PaperUI so as not to have to create everything from scratch?

I had the same issue.
Thought about the same process at first, but then I decided to duplicate the items I want in an alexa.items file.
I have the physical items (light switch, etc) and also ‘virtual’ (named macro below) that triggers spefice rules for Alexa Voice commands

Switch ALEXA_Lampe_Table "Lampe Table" ["Lighting"] { mqtt=">[broker:SONOFF/cmnd/SONOFF_LAMPE_TABLE/power:command:*:default],
            <[broker:SONOFF/stat/SONOFF_LAMPE_TABLE/POWER:state:default]" }

Switch ALEXA_Lampe_Salon  "Lampe Salon" ["Lighting"] { mqtt=">[broker:SONOFF/cmnd/SONOFF_LAMPE_SALON/power:command:*:default],
            <[broker:SONOFF/stat/SONOFF_LAMPE_SALON/POWER:state:default]" }

Switch ALEXA_Lampe_TV "Lampe TV" ["Lighting"] { mqtt=">[broker:SONOFF/cmnd/SONOFF_LAMPE_TV/power:command:*:default],
            <[broker:SONOFF/stat/SONOFF_LAMPE_TV/POWER:state:default]" }

Number ALEXA_Temperature_Salon "Temperature Salon" [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel = "netatmo:NAMain:bd1dbfc9:70ee502ecce2:Temperature" }

Number ALEXA_Temperature_Balcon "Temperature Balcon" [ "CurrentTemperature" ]  { channel = "netatmo:NAModule1:bd1dbfc9:0200002c9226:Temperature" }

Switch ALEXA_Macro_TV "TV" ["Switchable"]

Switch ALEXA_Macro_SLICE "slides" ["Switchable"]

Switch ALEXA_Macro_KODI "codi" ["Switchable"]

Switch ALEXA_Macro_Tout_Lumieres "Toutes les lumieres" ["Switchable"]

Switch ALEXA_Yamaha_Bluetooth "Ampli Bluetooth" ["Switchable"]

hey, that’s a good idea, thanks!

This way, you can isolate Alexa items from your configuration, especially the labels that are in fact the voice commands Alexa is expecting.

For example i had to label my items ‘codi’ if I wan’t Alexa to recognise the word ‘kodi’.

That makes a sense!

Bonjour Aymeric,
I have the same problem to control paper UI based items with Alexa but I am not sure to understand your solution.
Are your Alex.items only virtual items and are you mapping them to the real ones through a dedicated rule for each of them?

The items can reference the devices directly or through a rule if you require some unique functionality.