Amazon Echocontrol - SmartHomeDevices not updated

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry 3B
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu 8
    • openHAB version: 2.5.10

Hi all, I’m getting crazy with the fact that in PaperUI or Sitemap I cannot update light switch status for all the SmartHome Devices imported via echocontrol Bindings.
All Items works if I send a command from OH PaperUI or Sitemap.
If I send a command via Alexa or from the real world bu manually toggling the switch, I cannot see any update on OH and not even any log of the event.
All items are lights belonghing to LivingNow and are imported to openhab with the following “travel”:
Legrand to Alexa --> Legrand Skill
Alexa to OH --> Alexa echocontrol Binding

My Things configuratiion is the following:

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:xcxcxcxc "Amazon Account" @ "Accounts" [discoverSmartHome=0, pollingIntervalSmartHomeAlexa=30, pollingIntervalSmartSkills=120]
{
    Thing smartHomeDevice  Hallway_Light "Smart Home Corridoio" @ "Corridoio" [id="SKILL_xxxxxx"]

I tried all the discovery options 0-1-2-3 and nothing change.

My tipical Items configuration is:

Switch          Hallway_Light           "Luce Corridoio"               <light>           (Hallway, gLight)           ["Lighting", "Switchable"]   {alexa="disable",channel="amazonechocontrol:smartHomeDevice:xcxcxcxc:Hallway_Light:powerState"}

I tried with and without item tagging and with autoupdate= true or false and nothing helped.

I really do not know what to try further. The only thing that seems to work is to use a command refresh but this is a workaround with several drawbacks and rules implication.

According to Binding Description https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/amazonechocontrol/
the Binding provides features to control devices connected to echo and receive the current state of the lights.

What am I doing wrong ?

Nothing. There was a bug that should be fixed now. In 2.5.11-SNAPSHOT.

1 Like

Thanks very much ! I was really getting mad.
I’m a beginner with OH so could you link me to find the right way to test 2.5.11-SNAPSHOT ?
May be it is sufficent to rename the old jar and replace with the new one but I’m confident there is the right post with a how to :wink:

I have installed the new 2.5.11-SNAPSHOT
openhab> bundle:list -s | grep echo 274 x Active x 80 x 2.5.11.202011260340 x org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol
New SNAPSHOT works fine … it takes a bit for updating but WORKS ! :slight_smile: Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

Hi Matteo,
I’m having the same problem. Where/how did you 2.5.11-SNAPSHOT?

You have to download the .kar (zip) file and look inside.
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Distribution/

Or even better:

Then the procedure is easy: