Amazonechocontrol binding not able to control echo device

Hi,

I am trying to control my echo device using openhab but i am unable to do so. Does the amazonechocontrol binding support amazon.in accounts…???

I am from india…

I followed the steps defined in the guideline The account gets linked but i am unable to control my echo device.

Can anyone help me with this please

This configuration is not longer available because it is not necessary anymore.

Yes, I hope so, but you should use the current beta version Released: Openhab2 Amazon Echo Control Binding (controlling alexa from openhab2) because the current 2.4 release does not work anymore because amazon has changed the API.

1 Like

Hi @michi,

Thanks for the quick reply…!!

i have downloaded the 2.5 amazonechobinding and placed it in my addon folder but the binding is not appearing in the paper ui.

Can you help me with the installation.

Thanks,

Hello Daksh,

it’s correct that the binding is not appear in de Paper Ui.
Add tue Amazon Account unter the PostBox with the Plus button.
See the manual from Michael.

Best
Nico

hello @Nico_R,

Thanks for the reply can you please elaborate it a little bit i am unable to understand.

When i look into the paper UI for the amzonechocontrol binding (2.5 beta) i am unable to find the binding but the amazonechocontrol binding(2.4) displays on the paper UI.I am trying to install the amzonechocontrol binding (2.5 beta) trough the jar file.I have placed the .jar file in the addson folder but i am unable to find it on the paper UI for installation.

Please help me with the installation i want to install the amzonechocontrol binding (2.5 beta) as 2.4 has some api issue as mentioned by @michi .So i am trying to give 2.5Beta a try.

Thanks

Manually installed jar’s don’t show up in PaperUI.
Just uninstall the 2.4 binding and drop the 2.5 in your addons folder, that’s it.

still getting version 2.4 of amazon binding,

This is the error message which i receive while using 2.4 binding

2019-08-06 23:44:42.684 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@52e6b2’: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.in/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090VC0991751TKA&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA’ failed: Unauthorized

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.in/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090VC0991751TKA&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA’ failed: Unauthorized

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:549) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.command(Connection.java:866) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:227) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy140.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [209:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Clean the cache.

Hello,

It looks the same problem like this post.

i tried every aspects but i am still getting the same error…:no_mouth::roll_eyes:

2019-08-07 22:44:03.652 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@52e6b2’: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.in/api/behaviors/operation/validate’ failed: Unauthorized

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.in/api/behaviors/operation/validate’ failed: Unauthorized

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:549) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:407) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.playMusicVoiceCommand(Connection.java:1286) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:232) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor62.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy140.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [209:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

According to that output, you are still on the 2.4 version of the binding. Remove the Amazon Alexa Thing then as suggested above, UNINSTALL the 2.4 binding from Paperui, then put the 2.5RC1 binding in the addons folder of OpenHAB. For good measure, give OH a reboot, and then try adding Amazon back via the OH Inbox.

i uninstalled 2.4 placed the 2.5 binding in the adds on folder and rebooted OH but could not find the 2.5 binding in the oh inbox

You should not find the Binding in the PaperUi.
Thats correct!
See the post above from sihui!

Your Error is a problem with the api from amazon. I have the same error.
Looking hat the linked post from me. See above!

1 Like

Daksh, if you are (still) getting references to “org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol” in your logs, ensure it’s not showing version 2.4 - if it is, then there is something not quite right and try clearing the cache as per sihui post. If entries are showing and it references 2.5, then there is an API issue as both Nico_R and sihui have outlined above.

If you are no longer getting any entries, or if “Amazon Echo Control Binding” does not show when you click + in PaperUI Inbox, then the binding isn’t being found by OH.

So just for completeness and to avoid any confusion… (because your 2 x responses contradict each other)…

• With a binding in the addons directory (of the operating system) as opposed to installing via Addons / Bindings in PaperUI, it will not be seen in the Addons / Bindings screen in PaperUI
  • You WILL however see the binding listed via the Configurations / Bindings screen in PaperUI
  • You WILL also see the binding if you go to + the new Thing via Inbox

So if the binding does not show up in either Configurations / Bindings or when you click + in the Inbox, then it’s possible that the binding does not have execute or has the wrong permissions on it. Assuming you’re running OH on a RPi, ssh to the RPi then:

cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons
sudo chmod 770 *.jar
sudo chown openhab:openhab *.jar

Cheers

1 Like

sorry for the confusion. I should have written my explanations in more detail.

Thanks @chimera

Isn’t this the same error a bunch of us are reporting on the official thread? @michi

Thanks @chimera for clearing this out i will try it today.

Thanks a lot…!!!