Amazonechocontrol Player status not working

Hi,

i´ve used the amazonechocontrolbinding for a while and have rules to switch on AVR if player status is “PLAY” or some things like this.
It has also worked with wha devices. For example if all devices are in an wha named “HOME” and you´ve used “Alexa, play something in HOME” the player status of the wha has changed to “PLAY”.

At the moment the player status for all devices stays on “PAUSE” if something is played on a group.

Anyone with the same problem and possibly a solution?

Is there any message in the log indicating a problem? And which version of the binding do you use?

I´ve digged today a little bit deeper into this.

My prod installation is on 3.2.0 but i´ve got a testinstallation with snapshot 3.3.0 (updated today).
In both versions is the same behaviour.

In Alexa App i´ve configured Groups like Livingroom, Kitchen, Bathroom…
There is also a Group Home and the “room”-groups are member of Home.

I´ve configured the rooms to play default on all devices.

So if i use “play music” as voice command all PlayerItems staying on “PAUSE”.
If i say “play music in HOME” the PlayerItem of WHA device Home is going to state “PLAY”.
With both commands the same devices play music but the result in openhab is different…

Can you please do the same test again and check what is reported by Amazon’s servers?

Login to alexa.amazon.de (or .com or whatever TLD you registered your account) and in test all cases get the result from https://alexa.amazon.der/api/np/player?deviceSerialNumber=serialNumberHere&deviceType=A3C9PE6TNYLTCH&screenWidth=1440? Replace serialNumberHere with the serial number of the WHA device (you can see that in the /amazonechocontrol servlet of your openHAB installation.

The result of a request should be something like

{"playerInfo":{"hint":null,"infoText":null,"isPlayingInLemur":false,"lemurVolume":null,"lyrics":null,"mainArt":null,"mediaId":null,"miniArt":null,"miniInfoText":null,"playbackSource":null,"playingInLemurId":null,"progress":null,"provider":null,"quality":null,"queueId":null,"state":null,"template":null,"transport":null,"upNextItems":null,"volume":null}}

There is no sensitive information in there, so you can just post the result.

Thanks.

Seems that it is an amazon problem…

Voicecommand “play music” → state is “PAUSED”

{"playerInfo":{"hint":null,"infoText":{"header":null,"headerSubtext1":null,"multiLineMode":false,"subText1":"electronic music radio","subText2":null,"title":"SUNSHINE LIVE"},"isPlayingInLemur":true,"lemurVolume":{"compositeVolume":{"muted":false,"volume":10},"memberVolume":{"G090LF0971550GDC":{"muted":false,"volume":10},"G090XG0994940BMW":{"muted":false,"volume":10},"G0911M0692470P7Q":{"muted":false,"volume":10},"G2A0VG00902200FX":{"muted":false,"volume":10}}},"lyrics":null,"mainArt":{"altText":"Album Art","artType":"UrlArtSource","contentType":"image/jpeg","url":"https://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s10637/images/logoq.png?t=637791086340000000"},"mediaId":"88c16f2e-e600-4699-9dbc-b235018d24e7:1","miniArt":{"altText":"Album Art","artType":"UrlArtSource","contentType":"image/jpeg","url":"https://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s10637/images/logoq.png?t=637791086340000000"},"miniInfoText":{"header":null,"headerSubtext1":null,"multiLineMode":false,"subText1":null,"subText2":null,"title":"SUNSHINE LIVE"},"playbackSource":null,"playingInLemurId":"d96d053bf5fc4140a3bd818c6a1f2ab3","progress":{"allowScrubbing":false,"locationInfo":null,"mediaLength":0,"mediaProgress":56,"showTiming":false,"visible":true},"provider":{"artOverlay":null,"fallbackMainArt":{"altText":null,"artType":"IconArtSource","iconId":"music-no-art","iconStyles":null},"providerDisplayName":null,"providerLogo":{"altText":"TuneIn","artType":"IconArtSource","iconId":"tunein","iconStyles":null},"providerName":"TuneIn Live Radio"},"quality":null,"queueId":"88c16f2e-e600-4699-9dbc-b235018d24e7","state":"PAUSED","template":null,"transport":{"closedCaptions":null,"layoutType":"MusicTransportLayout","lyrics":"HIDDEN","next":"DISABLED","playPause":"ENABLED","previous":"DISABLED","repeat":"HIDDEN","shuffle":"HIDDEN"},"upNextItems":null,"volume":{"muted":false,"volume":0}}}

Voicecommand “play music in wohnung” → state “PLAYING”

{"playerInfo":{"hint":null,"infoText":{"header":null,"headerSubtext1":null,"multiLineMode":false,"subText1":"electronic music radio","subText2":null,"title":"SUNSHINE LIVE"},"isPlayingInLemur":true,"lemurVolume":{"compositeVolume":{"muted":false,"volume":12},"memberVolume":{"G090LF0971550GDC":{"muted":false,"volume":10},"G090XG0994940BMW":{"muted":false,"volume":20},"G0911M0692470P7Q":{"muted":false,"volume":10},"G2A0VG00902200FX":{"muted":false,"volume":10}}},"lyrics":null,"mainArt":{"altText":"Album Art","artType":"UrlArtSource","contentType":"image/jpeg","url":"https://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s10637/images/logoq.png?t=637791086340000000"},"mediaId":"3528096b-3200-492e-9e7e-e289dac77765:1","miniArt":{"altText":"Album Art","artType":"UrlArtSource","contentType":"image/jpeg","url":"https://cdn-profiles.tunein.com/s10637/images/logoq.png?t=637791086340000000"},"miniInfoText":{"header":null,"headerSubtext1":null,"multiLineMode":false,"subText1":null,"subText2":null,"title":"SUNSHINE LIVE"},"playbackSource":null,"playingInLemurId":"d96d053bf5fc4140a3bd818c6a1f2ab3","progress":{"allowScrubbing":false,"locationInfo":null,"mediaLength":0,"mediaProgress":0,"showTiming":false,"visible":true},"provider":{"artOverlay":null,"fallbackMainArt":{"altText":null,"artType":"IconArtSource","iconId":"music-no-art","iconStyles":null},"providerDisplayName":null,"providerLogo":{"altText":"TuneIn","artType":"IconArtSource","iconId":"tunein","iconStyles":null},"providerName":"TuneIn Live Radio"},"quality":null,"queueId":"3528096b-3200-492e-9e7e-e289dac77765","state":"PLAYING","template":null,"transport":{"closedCaptions":null,"layoutType":"MusicTransportLayout","lyrics":"HIDDEN","next":"DISABLED","playPause":"ENABLED","previous":"DISABLED","repeat":"HIDDEN","shuffle":"HIDDEN"},"upNextItems":null,"volume":{"muted":false,"volume":50}}}

Openhab reads the right state out of the api…

Unfortunately there is not much we can do. Can you see a similar behavior in the App? If so, file a bug report with Amazon, once they fix it for the App, it’ll also work for openHAB (the binding tried to behave like the app).

Regarding openHAB: you could make a Group with all devices and use OR as aggregator. Then the group should pick up if one device changes to play and only report pause when none is playing.

I will check the app and try to open a bug at amazon.

The advice with the Group won´t work because if you don´t say the groupname explicitly all devices have in the api the PAUSE status but music is playing…

Just wondering that no one else has this problem…

In the single device status? The single device status changes each time the device changes its state. I have then created a new Item of type “Group”, base type “Player” and aggregation function “one PLAY then PLAY, else PAUSE”. After adding the individual items to that group, it nicely shows if something is playing.