AmazonMusicPlayListId not working

Hi,

I’m using OpenHAB 3.2 and the AmazonMusicPlayListId channel is not working. No matter which correct playlist id of my custom playlists I set, the playlist is not played, instead Alexa is resuming the last played paylist / song / radio station.

Log:

2022-02-02 12:00:55.451 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'AlexaBuro_AmazonMusicPlaylistID' received command XXXXXXXX-07fe-XXXX-8b5c-3aXXXXXX4bd2
2022-02-02 12:00:55.457 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'AlexaBuro_AmazonMusicPlaylistID' predicted to become XXXXXXXX-07fe-XXXX-8b5c-3aXXXXXX4bd2
2022-02-02 12:00:55.461 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlexaBuro_AmazonMusicPlaylistID' changed from  to XXXXXXXX-07fe-XXXX-8b5c-3aXXXXXX4bd2
==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2022-02-02 12:01:00.236 [INFO ] [control.internal.WebSocketConnection] - Web Socket close 1005. Reason: null
==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2022-02-02 12:01:01.044 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlexaBuro_AmazonMusic' changed from OFF to ON
2022-02-02 12:01:01.046 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlexaBuro_AmazonMusicPlaylistID' changed from XXXXXXXX-07fe-XXXX-8b5c-3aXXXXXX4bd2 to 
2022-02-02 12:01:01.050 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlexaBuro_Musikwiedergabe' changed from PAUSE to PLAY

I’m not 100% sure but it could be that Amazon removed the feature.

For TuneIn this seems to be the case, you can no longer start the radio station by setting the id. The Alexa-WebApp (e.g. alexa.amazon.de) is not able to play radio stations by selecting them from the list, either (and this is several month now, so I don’t believe it’s a bug).

I don’t use AmazonMusic, can you try if you can successfully select the list from the Alexa WebApp? Please don’t click on the “history” (“Verlauf” in German), because that uses a different method.

Thanks. I tried that, and it says that it is not supporting anymore in browser, only by app.

The reason why I want to use this way to to play music is the fact that this seems to be the fastest one. It only takes 1-2 seconds to play the music (even though it is the wrong playlist). If I use playMusicVoiceCommand() it takes up to 10s until the music plays. If I use textCommand() Alexa is always answering the command with “ok I will play xyz from abc… bla bla bla”.

It seems the App is doing TuneIn differently now, but I don‘t understand what they are doing, though. They send a „contentToken“, but I have no idea how to create that. The request looks like it could be used for Playlists or similar, too.

IMO your best choice is playMusicVoiceCommand.

Another question: Can you select playlists or single tracks in the Alexa App? I can’t do that. I can only select from a list of pre-defined playlists (without control what playlists are suggested, my own defined playlists don’t show up).

The only way is opening the Amazon Music App and selecting the Echo as destination.

Yes, the Alexa app is only showing the last played playlists, but not offering an option to select all my playlists.

Any ideas why starting music with playMusicVoiceCommand is so slow?

I’m using a hue motion sensor in my bathroom to start music while entering the room. Previously I used a routine created with the Alexa app. This was fast enough. Now I want to use OpenHAB instead. Recognizing the motion from the hue sensor is fast, but then it takes up to 10s until the music is played on my Echo Dot. Other Alexa commands sent by OpenHAB are executed faster.

I also tried to use a Alexa routine to play the music and start the routine by OpenHAB, but I always get a “routine not found” error in the log. Only some of my old alexa routines can be started by OpenHAB, other old routines and all new routines can’t be started due to the “routine not found” error.