Android App Beta

I know, it’s been a while now:

Short question: Do you plan to implement a way to select/open a sitemap/frame from Tasker via the plugin? Or is this yet possible?

It’s not yet planned. Can you open a feature request on Github?

I´m on 2.9.11 beta now and i see in the log:

Alarm sent by com.android.calendar

I get 25.10.2019 00:00 as my next alarm time.
That´s not correct, my next alarm time is 25.10.2019 06:15

Can you set this to ignore too?

Yes, I can do that. Any other packages you see in the logs?

At the moment this is the only one.

Is there a reason, why sometimes there are 3 assets on the release-download-page in github and sometimes there are only 2 files available (sourcecode).

For the latest release 2.10.1 beta there is no apk-file provided.

EDIT: Strange, now i get 3 files ant there is a apk too.

Do i have to wait some time when you provide a new version, until there is an apk-file?

Sometimes the UI tests fail and this causes the complete build job fail. In this case, no apk is uploaded.
I usually retrigger the build than.

I tried 2.20.2 beta now.

My old alarm inside openhab was the false one from the calendar, 31-10-2019 — 00:00

I made a new alarm inside my alarm clock app at today 14:00 and i got the new alarm time provided into openhab with 30-10-2019 — 14:00

This is working.

After that, i removed the alarm at 14:00 o´clock and i was able to see a ignoring for com.android.calendar

So still the old alarmtime at 14:00 is visible.

And that is the problem. Is there a way to get the next alarm from my alarm clock instead of ignoring the calendar-alarm?

So it is not usable, because i only get a real alarm time inside openhab, when there is a real alarm between now and midnight. When the next real alarm is tomorrow morning, i think i will get the real alarm time at midnight… Because for the openhab-app the next alarm is the false one from the calendar which is ignored. --> So there is no change for the openhab-alarm-item.

Maybe a solution could be, to edit myself inside the openhab-app, which android-service is providing the real alarm times. Then the openhab-app could listen only to this service and you don´t need to ignore the other ones? Maybe this could be a solution? Don´t know, if this could help.

Pumpkins! Very good! :grin:

3 Likes

I did not know that coders also doing jokes :open_mouth:
At first I thought my Pi was hacked …
So @mueller-ma did seemingly a good job :smiley:
Thanks for this!

1 Like

I have a PR that adds a switch in the settings to show/hide the sitemaps in the drawer. The sitemaps are hidden by default.
This feature has two advantages:

1. Sitemaps aren’t presented as a navigation element. It’s not possible to switch between Sitemap in other UIs, like Basic UI, and thus everything should be on one sitemap.
  2. It makes them less discoverable for your non-tech-savvy family members :slight_smile:

I want to get some feedback on this. Should I make the sitemaps shown by default when upgrading?

2.10.10-beta contains this change.

Hi, i bought an ip cam from dahua and installed the ip cam binding.

I can see the mjpeg stream on my computer in basic ui.

When i use my android phone, i can see it inside openhab basic ui with chrome, but when i open the android openhab app, no picture is visible.

Any idea?

That’s not a known issue. Can you open a GitHub issue?

With the latest beta you can edit home screen widgets.

Any chance of having some kind of security (password?) to change this switch? Some family members tend to touch sitemaps they are not suppose to and they don’t know how the revert the changes they made (I have a few switches in one sitemap that should be only visible to me and the wife)

João

Android app and tasker works great to control openhab from android.
I’m looking for the opposite way: controlling tasker from openhab.
For example to switch on flight mode if I push the all-off-switch near to my bed or to get alerts, if a window is open.
Therefore I would need tasker profiles that were executed on itemchange.
I realize this with autoremote at the moment - and that works - but it’s very complicated.
My proposal would be a android-app-persistence. Items, that use this persistence were push-updated in the app - so tasker could react to this.
I’ve installed tasker on android tv as well. In combination with autoremote I can now toggle apps (tv/netflix/youtube…) via openhab. This would be working with this kind of persistence in a very easy way…
What do you think?

Please have a look at Tasker plugin and state profiles.

You can secure the access to settings with the device credentials, but this won’t keep them away, obviously. I’m pretty happy with the current solution. You need to go to the settings and turn on this setting. This isn’t something that is done accidentally.

Done

1 Like

Thank you for the answer and for the fantastic job on this.
My in-laws’ phones are not protected or they couldn’t use them :grinning:. I agree that is unlikely that they change the switch, then change sitemap and then put the house in holiday mode or turn on my bedroom light at 3am…but you don’t know what those phones have suffered so far.