Android App - sitemap - item value in frame no longer shown

With the latest openHAB Android App (Version 2.13.0) this is no longer working:

Frame item=NTP_Date label="Aktuelle Uhrzeit: [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"

On PC it is show like this:
grafik

On Android only like this:
grafik

The value of the item is missing. Works in old versions.

Your sitemap looks strange. Try

Frame
{
     item=item=NTP_Date label="Aktuelle Uhrzeit:"
}

and do the formatting in the .items file

String Aktuelle Uhrzeit “Aktuelle Uhrzeit: [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]” {channel=…}

Your right. Looks strange. Is from my very early tries wiht OH2 years ago. And never changed :wink:

I now changed this:

item:

DateTime NTP_Date  						"Aktuelle Uhrzeit [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]" <clock-on> { channel="ntp:ntp:germany:dateTime" }

sitemap:

Frame item=NTP_Date 
{
}

But the same, values in frames are no longer shown in android app.

I think it is the best to open a bug ticket at github?

Try adding a [%s] at the end. I needed this too for my Spotify binding to show the strings in the sitemap as you can see at “Titel” and “Künstler”

I do not think Frame widget supports linking to an item in this way. It might well have worked once as an undocumented feature.
Docs say it only supports label= and icon=
https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/sitemaps.html#element-type-frame

I see no reason why you couldn’t ask for Frame widget enhancement, perhaps to act like a Text widget when an item= is given.

But that affects all sitemap based UIs and OH core, so don’t hold your breath.

Yep… That’s the problem. I don’t know how I didn’t see this. You have to write is as Text item=NTP_Date.

I love that idea!

:+1:

Currently Basic UI displays square brackets around the item value. They should be removed. If someone opens a GitHub issue and this behavior gets approved, I can fix it in the Android app.

2 Likes