AndroidTV Binding [3.2.0;4.2.0)

@laursen Did some more thinking. Do you have the GoogleTV part installed on your Chromecast? That could also be causing this. @rpwong can you offer any advice, I know you have this working on several Chromecast models.

The only thing I did differently was to make an item and send the command that way, because I’m not very familiar with the console.

Did you have to install GoogleTV on them somehow? I haven’t had a Chromecast in a decade, not sure if they have some kind of play store or something on them.

Nope. The “Chromecast with Google TV” that @laursen is talking about is really an Android TV dongle with a terrible name (because Google). The older Chromecasts are purely casting devices without UIs.

Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification.

@laursen standing by if you need help getting it going.

You are of course right, thanks, and apologies for causing doubt. update will just update the item without triggering the command for the binding. It works!

No worries! Trying to cover multiple vendors always introduces possible issues. Glad to hear that it’s working! Enjoy!

I’ve pushed version 0.09.1 (1223d93). This is just some updates in the different logger levels. Trace logging can be a little too verbose sometimes to parse. This moves around some things to make debug more usable. If you aren’t having issues, don’t worry about this update.

@Knut_Petersen just checking in to see if you had success or if you are having issues and need some support getting it going.

running well. Don’t worry. I’ve been playing around with some
other things in my system during the last weeks. So it could be,
that this was the reason, why I had problems. I’ll report
instantly when I meet new problems.
Best regards!

Glad to hear that! Just making sure everything is working while we’re waiting on the review. Thanks!

Just got this message:
[WARN ] [tocol.googletv.GoogleTVMessageParser] - 82f6b254 - GoogleTV Error Message: 1a47080312430a41087e123d0a08534d2d4739393855120773616d73756e671801220231332a19636f6d2e676f6f676c652e616e64726f69642e766964656f733207342e33382e3138

Couldn’t control anything. After a new start of nvidia tv it was gone…

Well that’s new. You restarted your device or OH to get it to come back?

That’s a failure of one of the login strings we send during initial connection. The only reason we would send that is if we received a login request from the device. Unsure why it would have sent any time after the first second or so that the connection was online. I’ll see if I can put some kind of alert in if we receive the login request after login is successful to filter that out.

restarted the device, not OH

Any chance you did something like an OS upgrade or anything recently?

I pushed 0.09.2 (6403d26) just now which will catch this and alert instead of causing a login issue. I’m not sure why you got that message, but at least now we should only alert on it and not crash the binding (hopefully). Either way we will know more if it happens again.

Nothing like that. But I removed your former version of the binding and
installed the last one. All things and items removed and installed again.
Was quite a hazzle…And at the beginning I had to do the pincode game once again. That’s all I think.

You shouldnt have to do anything to the things or items to upgrade. You just go to the marketplace, click remove, wait a few seconds for the backend to do it’s job, then click install. Just did it on my end, everything came right back up.

Can I just exchange the jar file, or do I have to install everything again?

Ok I try that