Any Nest Cam users using openHAB?

Hey watou! I would love an example sitemap, items, and rules that you’ve used for the foscam. i have a newer firmware one.

Thanks for your guidance and insights!

Hello watou, I have a Nest cam and recently changed my internet plan from unlimited to limited. The data usage by the camera is pretty significant relative to the new plan even after reducing the resolution. Wondering if it possible to have the camera start recording when an event is detected, record the event for some user definable amount of time and then stop recording. To be most useful it would not record anything in between events. Continuing to receive the motion alerts would be useful as well.

You start and stop camera streaming from openHAB, but I think there is no control possible for explicitly recording motion events. I would experiment with stopping streaming during periods when you don’t need visibility (using a cron-based rule), and then only use streaming bandwidth at other times when you would want to catch events. I don’t have firsthand experience with the Nest Cam so I don’t have more to offer, sorry!

Ok thank you.

Does it work with both Nest Cam Outdoor and Indoor? I’m thinking of getting this security camera to replace my Arlo and it would be great if it works with OpenHAB.

I don’t find anything special here about the outdoor vs. indoor Nest Cam models, so I would be surprised if they don’t work the same from the API perspective, and therefore from the Nest binding.