Aotec multisensor 6 doesn't pick up parameter changes

Sorry - I think I only added this to OH2, but I guess from the build number that you are using OH1?

Yes i use OH1 (1.9.0 SnapShot) - i will experiment with OH2 sometimes later (Raspi-II is in warmup ;-). I have more than 50 Z-Wave devices so i will have a stable OH1 environment before to move it to OH2. Is it posible to get the new binding in OH1 too? Thanks.

I’ve added it to the 1.9 snapshot -:

Hi @chris,

i loaded the bulid 1243 and restart OH1. After that i delete the xml file and reinitialise the node.
The parameter 41 may be wrong - in the xml file i found a size of 3 - documented is a size of 2.
The parameter 45 has a default value of 2 - but is not changeable.
And the parameters 101 to 103 (Reports to group 1-3) are lost!
Eclude and re-include with a new device id - same results.

Add: i startet z-wave-me and the device reports on param 41 a size of 3
i have a ticket at aeon for this.

I suspect that is because there is a bitmask set. There shouldn’t be, and this feature isn’t supported in OH1 so these parameters won’t be exported.

I can’t see anything wrong in the database that would prevent parameter 45 from being changed though.

Responce from the aeon engeneers: yes param 41 hase a size of 2
Param 45 can not be changed - it is an issue and will be fixed in version 1.08 (date of publication is unknown)

Some explanation to the params 41 and 201:

Since the Params are now 2 bytes, sending in 1 byte size shouldn’t affect the current settings and the Multisensor 6 will automatically detect the size sent to it and successfully change the settings and automatically change its own setting, so if 100 in 1 byte size was sent, then it would automatically convert 100 1 byte size into 25601 2 byte based on the region EU/AU or US versions.But if you do set something like 0x0A01, this will configure 1.0C change, if sending in 0x0A02, this will configure 1.0F change but will still show up as C or F depending on the region version. If sending in 1 byte, it will automatically convert it into a 2 byte value within the Multisensor 6. Lets say that you want to change a degree of 10.0C or F doesn’t matter, a value of 100 1 byte size sent in will automatically convert it into a 2 byte value depending on the region:
AU/EU region converts to: 25601 automatically when receiving a 100 value of size 1 byte
US region converts to: 25602 automatically when receiving a 100 value of size 1 byte

now in bulid 1244 for OH1 all is quite correct!!
Thank you for the perfect support!

sorry! the engeneers wake up and correct the settings for param 41:

Parameter 41 was changed to a size of 3 so that is correct.

The corresponding doc: Engineering Spec - Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 V1.07.pdf (319.1 KB)

i will change this in the z-wave database today for OH2,

FWIW, just noticed that Aeon Labs have put up a comprehensive set of documentation for all their products.