Apache2 on OH3

Hi,
I have made the jump to OH3 in the past few days and I am still battling with it.

I have been using mysql and phpmyadmin for many years with no issues and I would like to continue using them.
I have installed mysql and this workss fine.
I have installed apache2, PHP and phpmyadmin and they all work until the first reboot.
At that point
/var/log/apache2
gets deleted and Apache2 will not start.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

I’m assuming you’re using openHABian which is a debian based Linux distribution.

I would first check the status of Apache and see if the output of the following command points to any errors:

sudo systemctl status apache2

It could also be that Apache is not configured to start at boot (which normally should not be the case on a Debian based distribution, however on a Red Hat based distribution the default is to not start the httpd service if I recall correctly)

sudo systemctl enable apache2

Then do a reboot to see if apache starts up automatically.

Hi,

yes I am using openabian.
The errors I get is what I summariesed earlier (missing log folder)

Dec 27 13:14:34 openHABianDevice systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server…
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice apachectl[694]: AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the ‘ServerName’ directive globally to suppress this message
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice apachectl[694]: (2)No such file or directory: AH02291: Cannot access directory ‘/var/log/apache2/’ for main error log
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice apachectl[694]: (2)No such file or directory: AH02291: Cannot access directory ‘/var/log/apache2/’ for error log of vhost defined at /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice apachectl[694]: AH00014: Configuration check failed
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice apachectl[694]: Action ‘start’ failed.
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice apachectl[694]: The Apache error log may have more information.
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 27 13:20:36 openHABianDevice systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.

OH3 is not an OS on which you can install Apache2.

It does appear you may be running an openHABian image which is based on Raspi OS. It appears you have an OS related issue, not OH3.

Did you try to stop zram, create the directory and then start zram again ?

Yes indeed, my bad.

That did the trick!
Thanks a lot

1 Like