Arilux al-lc1, esp-12s

Hello,

I bought a few Arilux LC-LC1, because I read somewhere that they should work.

I took it apart and inside is an ESP-12S.
I tried connecting it to my own wifi and failed.

Do I have to flash them with something or should they work out of the box?

Thanks for any info.
Daniel

Hello,

I got the same controllers and re-programed them with ESP Easy (with additional Lighting plug-in).

The control is working via ColorPicker within openHAB and for communication MQTT is used.

See this link for further Information…
http://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2582

Andreas

Hello!

I have one of these and it works with OH2 without firmware change (it uses WiFi LED binding). I think you should set it up using their android app first (it’s called Magic Home or something like that) and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. I’ve had a few problems connecting it first time (Wi-Fi must not be hidden, it has to be 2.4 GHz and password shouldn’t exceed 25 characters), but when it was connected, Wi-Fi LED binding found it without issues.

Best regards,
Davor

1 Like

Hi there,

for Information about flashing a new firmware (like ESPEasy), there are some guidelines on the net for the pin out. I soldered the wires for FTDI (Rx, Tx, GND) and a button switch (GPIO0) for going to flash mode.

Andreas

Hello!

I was wondering if there are any advantages using ESPEasy and MQTT and not WiFi LED binding (if you are using it with OH, of course)? For me, it looks too complicated, if results are the same.

Best regards,
Davor

Hello Davor!

I wasn’t aware of WiFi LED binding. At the time I was looking for a solution, I found the AL-LC01 with the option to flash your own firmware and control it via MQTT. So I bought the AL-LC01 expicitly to program a different firmware!
Another point is, that you don’t know which “unseen” functions such a software is using and if you get a backdoor to your private network through such a device.
For these reasons I don’t mind using such a “complicated” way, especially because I am using two other ESP8266 with ESP Easy to measure some temperatures/humidity with 1-wire sensors and DHT11.

If the WiFi LED binding is working fine out of the box, then there is no need for ingenuous users to mess around with programming a new firware to your AL-LC01. If you don’t mind about it and you have some skills to use a soldering iron you get the chance to build a really cool wireless IoT knot. Just add a temperature/humidity sensor and you have also temperature and humidity of your room. Or add any other sensor of the supported ones and feel free to create more ideas…

Andreas