I was looking for some options to connect my Ariston GENUS ONE SYSTEM 24 to OH but seems that the binding doesn’t exist yet
The main problem is that Ariston don’t offer any official API. Also BUS protocol is closed, so officially Ariston equipment can’t be managed by any external system
After some checking I’ve found solution for HA created as a result of reverse engeneering. So I decided to simply sent those messages to MQTT broker.
The development is on the very early stage, but already you can:
- choose payload format - JSON or single topic per sensor,
- generate simple yaml file which can help to simple create channels for generic MQTT thing in OH3
SSL for MQTT is not implemented yet as well as adding thing/channels/items to OH3 via API. Also doing chagnes of some settings on Ariston equipment are going to be implemented later. Currently only reading status of sensors is possible.
To use this solution Python3 is required and following packages:
- GitHub - chomupashchuk/ariston-remotethermo-api: Dedicated API in Python for communication with https://www.ariston-net.remotethermo.com .
- GitHub - eclipse/paho.mqtt.python: paho.mqtt.python
- GitHub - smarthomepch/ariston-remotethermo-api2mqtt: Transfer message generated by https://github.com/chomupashchuk/ariston-remotethermo-api via MQTT
As mentioned, the version is very initial, so still bugs are possible. Please be understanding.
Please also read carefully description here GitHub - chomupashchuk/ariston-remotethermo-api: Dedicated API in Python for communication with https://www.ariston-net.remotethermo.com . as some limitations are mentioned.
I know that there is not a lot of Ariston users, but some questions was asked.