Association doesn't update the associated item status

You are right. I forgot about the WAF.

At rule level, how can I differentiate a normal press from a long press? I only need to fire the rule for the long press. So far, I haven’t been able to do it.

Im not sure - you could only do it if the device sent a different message for the different types of press.

Can you remind me what the device was again - I remember it was a single switch byt I can’t find the link that I think you’ve already sent :blush:

the swiid cord switch

I don’t think there’s any way to differentiate between the short and long. Standard associations can’t do it, and the switch doesn’t support other mechanisms that might have allowed this such as the scene class or the mulit_instance_association.

I can think of a few things that could be added to the binding to help, but I’m not sure how reliable it would be, and they may have negative side effects :frowning: . I think for now the answer is that there’s no way to do this.

Feel free to raise an issue about this on the Github issues list - it’ll remind me to think about it some more and see if I can come up with a reliable system to detect this…

I found a much easier workaround to solve this “issue”. I added a refresh_Interval to node4. if i want a near realtime response I can set it to 2 or 3, but in my case 15 is good enough.

I will create as well an issue at github.