Astro binding 1 hour behind?

Hi guys,

I’m using the 1.8.3 astro binding and have a rule for Sunset / Sunrise to open / close my blinds. It is just event driven in the rules, so as follows:

Items file:

Switch Sunrise_Event { astro=“planet=sun, type=rise, property=start” }
Switch Sunset_Event { astro=“planet=sun, type=set, property=end” }

Rules file

rule "Open blinds at Sunrise - WeekDAYS"
when
Item Sunrise_Event received update ON
then
// If its Tuesday, open blinds 20 minutes later (kids start late at school, longer sleep in)
if (now.getDayOfWeek() == 2)
{
if (GenericTimer == null || GenericTimer.hasTerminated)
{
logInfo(“blinds”, “Hall blinds opened, delayed 20 minutes”)
GenericTimer = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(20), [|
logInfo(“blinds”, “Hall blinds opened by timer”)
hallBlinds.sendCommand(ON)
])
}
else
{
logInfo(“blinds”, “Hall blinds opened”)
hallBlinds.sendCommand(ON)
}
end

This has been working fine for ages - until sometime early this week when I noticed the rule gets triggered exactly 1 hour later than the sunrise and sunset times (I’ve confirmed the sunrise/sunset times are actually correct, as I have items to show these times as well).

For example, the sun rised at 7:34am this morning, however the rule didn’t get triggered until 8:34am - exactly 1 hour later. I have other cron rules that are done by time and they work perfectly fine. I’ve double checked the date/time on the device I’m running OpenHAB on and its correct. The longitude/latitude have not changed (in fact, nothing config wise has changed in a while) The only thing I’ve done recently is an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but I can’t recall if this happened at the same time as the 1 hour delay started happening.

Anyone else have this issue? I’m in New Zealand, so totally different time zone than most.

Cheers

Seems this may have been a bug in some other package that was installed… did another apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and it fixed the issue.