Astro Binding (2.0.0) reporting incorrect month in Paper UI (Control)

Iā€™m new to OpenHAB; however, something seems off. I am running the stable build from the OpenHABian image on a Raspberry Pi 3 so far with no real problems; however, Iā€™ve installed the 2.0.0 Astro binding, Iā€™ve configured the Thing with my latitude/longitude, and Iā€™ve linked the two channels Iā€™m interested in (astro.sun.local.rise#start and astro.sun.local.set#start). I want to do very basic things like turn outdoor switches on at sunset and off at sunrise.

Anyway, when I look in events.log, my datetime values seem correct for my location:

2017-03-16 15:00:28.739 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - astro_sun_local_rise_start changed from NULL to 2017-03-16T07:14:00.000-0400
2017-03-16 15:00:28.747 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - astro_sun_local_set_start changed from NULL to 2017-03-16T19:09:00.000-0400

When I look at the ā€œControlā€ area in the Paper UI, however, the same values appear with the MONTH incorrectly set to February instead of March! I see 2017-02-16 with the same sunrise and sunset times.

Does anybody know whatā€™s wrong here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

i think datetime values are stored as unix timestamps and then calculated according to your local date/time settings. So first I would check if my local date/time settings on the OS level are correct.
HTH,
-OLI

Yes, just ran ā€œdateā€ over SSH, and it came back exactly as expected with the current date, time, and timezone. Itā€™s bizarre because like I said, the values are correct in the log file - itā€™s just in the ā€œControlā€ area of the Paper UI where itā€™s reporting the incorrect month.

Ummmā€¦whatā€™s set in Paper UI, Configuration, System, Locale?

en for the Language and US for the country.

Sorry, no more ideas here :frowning:
One more thing you might try is see how the items act up in a sitemapā€¦

Did you find out what the problem was?
I have the exact same issueā€¦

/GC

I never got it to report the correct month. Everything seemed to be working aside from that so I left it alone.

same issue here, thread i started: Weird Astro issue with date

Java is quirky about months

so it would be easy for a bug to creep into OH/Eclipse code.
If that were the case though, everybody would suffer. Maybe nobody looks in PaperUI when Astro logs, events etc. all work okay.