Astro Binding (2.0.0) reporting incorrect month in Paper UI (Control)

I’m new to OpenHAB; however, something seems off. I am running the stable build from the OpenHABian image on a Raspberry Pi 3 so far with no real problems; however, I’ve installed the 2.0.0 Astro binding, I’ve configured the Thing with my latitude/longitude, and I’ve linked the two channels I’m interested in (astro.sun.local.rise#start and astro.sun.local.set#start). I want to do very basic things like turn outdoor switches on at sunset and off at sunrise.

Anyway, when I look in events.log, my datetime values seem correct for my location:

2017-03-16 15:00:28.739 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - astro_sun_local_rise_start changed from NULL to 2017-03-16T07:14:00.000-0400
2017-03-16 15:00:28.747 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - astro_sun_local_set_start changed from NULL to 2017-03-16T19:09:00.000-0400

When I look at the “Control” area in the Paper UI, however, the same values appear with the MONTH incorrectly set to February instead of March! I see 2017-02-16 with the same sunrise and sunset times.

Does anybody know what’s wrong here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

i think datetime values are stored as unix timestamps and then calculated according to your local date/time settings. So first I would check if my local date/time settings on the OS level are correct.
HTH,
-OLI

Yes, just ran “date” over SSH, and it came back exactly as expected with the current date, time, and timezone. It’s bizarre because like I said, the values are correct in the log file - it’s just in the “Control” area of the Paper UI where it’s reporting the incorrect month.

Ummm…what’s set in Paper UI, Configuration, System, Locale?

en for the Language and US for the country.

Sorry, no more ideas here :frowning:
One more thing you might try is see how the items act up in a sitemap…

Did you find out what the problem was?
I have the exact same issue…

/GC

I never got it to report the correct month. Everything seemed to be working aside from that so I left it alone.

same issue here, thread i started: Weird Astro issue with date

Java is quirky about months

so it would be easy for a bug to creep into OH/Eclipse code.
If that were the case though, everybody would suffer. Maybe nobody looks in PaperUI when Astro logs, events etc. all work okay.