Astro binding provides sunrise events but the rule fires hours later? Odd

The log relates to events with ‘timed’ as per the channel. The sunrise switch is working as expected with the actual sunrise event.

The switch is turned on using a channel trigger and it’s fine but not related to this issue. I only showed that piece of log because it confirms the actual sunrise event is OK, but is identical in time to the offset event (which is wrong)

rule "Turn on Sunrise Flag"
when
        Channel 'astro:sun:castlecove:rise#event' triggered START
then
    Sunrise.sendCommand(ON)

Cant reboot the machine easily but I have restarted the binding.

I’m not convinced that is wholly effective for Astro binding, because it sets up a “forthcoming events” schedule for the day. Just restarting gives scope for no change to existing schedule and/or doubled up events.

1 Like

Ok, ill give it a hard reboot at some stage in the coming days. Thanks for the tips, ill see how it goes!

Looks like it came good on its own rossko57!

2019-11-02 04:24:00.005 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:timed:astroDawn#event triggered START
2019-11-02 04:56:00.001 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:timed:rise#event triggered START
2019-11-02 04:58:00.003 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:timed:astroDawn#event triggered END
2019-11-02 04:58:00.007 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:timed:nauticDawn#event triggered START
2019-11-02 04:59:00.001 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:timed:rise#event triggered END

1 Like

Maybe a binding restart was sufficient. Bit annoying not knowing root cause, but I’ll bet it is tied up with making changes after a day’s schedule already set up.

1 Like

Highly likely! Ill keep an eye on it. Thanks buddy