Astro Binding troubles

Hello!

Trying to add some sunset rules and can’t seem to get the Astro Binding to load. I have the addon in the directory. I’ve rebooted several times as I’ve made changes trying to get it to work, but no go…

Astro Binding:

astro:latitude=42.9633333
astro:longitude=-85.6680556
astro:interval=300

Items:

DateTime Sunrise_Time “Sunrise [%1$tH:%1$tM]” {astro=“planet=sun, type=rise, property=start”}
DateTime Sunset_Time “Sunset [%1$tH:%1$tM]” {astro=“planet=sun, type=set, property=end”}

Sitemap:

Text item=Sunrise_Time
Text item=Sunset_Time

I’m assuming since I can’t get the sunrise/sunset to display, they show the label and a blank entry, so I’m sure my rules aren’t going to trigger.

Looking in the event and openhab logs I don’t find any Astro entries.

Hopefully someone can point me to my error.

Thanks

If you don’t see log statements in openhab.log from [.b.a.internal.job.JobScheduler] saying “Scheduled a daily job at midnight for astro calculation” then the plugin is not running. You should see this when openHAB boots or when ever you make changes to the .items file where your astro items reside.

Are you sure the jar file is in the addons folder? If you installed via apt-get on Linux is should be in /usr/share/openhab/addons. If you installed in /opt it will be /opt/openhab/addons.

As far as I can tell your configuration and Items are correct.

That is correct, a blank or a “-” means uninitialized. Also, if you want to trigger rules at sunrise or sunset, create Switches, not DateTimes. The DateTime Items will only be updated at midnight when astro calculates the next day’s times but if you configure the same thing as a Switch it will trigger an ON command at sunrise or sunset which you can use to trigger a rule.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the addon is in the addons folder, although it’s the wrong addon!!! I went back and looked after your post. I had copied the action-astro not the binding-astro jar file.

And yes I have switches to work with my rules. The datetime items were just to get a visual confirmation that the binding was loading.

And now that I copied the correct jar file, it’s working!

Thanks