I recently attempted to use an August 4th gen wifi lock with homekit, which didn’t turn out so well due to the bluetooth pairing with Apple TV being super slow.
I then purchased an August 3rd gen lock with Z-wave to go with my current z-wave setup (HUSBZB-1 and zooz switches) which has been working great with homekit, besides one issue.
On unlock command, the lock will go to unlocked status, back to locked status, and finally settling on locked status. It doesn’t do this when locking, only when unlocking. This is somewhat annoying because homekit sends a notification that the lock is locked when it should be unlocking.
I’ve tried setting various polling values; 1500, 3000, 6000; but none seem to keep it from trying to assess its status right after unlocking. I’ve also removed/repaired/reset the lock, but the issue persists. I’ve set z-wave logging to debug, but I’m not sure what I should paste here, since the logging is a mile long during this action.
The longer the delay, the longer it will wait before “assessing the status”. If you make this 10 seconds for example, it will check 10 seconds after the command - not immediately. The maximum time is 15 seconds, and if this doesn’t change the sampling time I would be quite surprised.
Please just provide the log file. Don’t paste it - just provide a link to the file hosted somewhere.
I was under that impression as well, but that doesn’t seem to help; it still tries to do this lock/unlock/lock within a second or two of the command. I restarted openhab so I could start a cleaner logfile for you and now it won’t lock via homekit/openhab, only the August app
This could happen if everything gets delayed by (say) 10 seconds since the delay is kicked off from the time of the command. If the initial command is delayed, then the request will still have a fixed time.
Looking at the log, we can see this is working ok -: