Autelis Configuration for OpenHAB2

It is not working yet, but it now shows up in the paper ui -> things with all of the channels. Only the status is offline Communications Error.

No the autelis is on the same network.

openHAB Community
23 / 23

Larry_Pyle
6d
Yes I examined both the openhab.log and the events.log. The openhab.log showed the autelis controller being initialized and brought online with no errors. Also, the openhab.log showed a parsing error if I replaced the ‘-’ in the item statement with anything but the ‘-’. So oh appears to be parsing the input from the autelis controller, but no data is being displayed. The events.log shows nothing for the autelis interactions at all.

digitaldan
Dan Cunningham
Maintainer
5d
Hi, apologies, I think the docs are not correct. While I use config files to define my items, i let OH2 do autodiscovery to find my pool and configure through the paper ui, which is why this was probably not caught earlier. The correct format should be autelis:poolcontrol:myPool . Also what type of pool system are you connecting to?

Larry_Pyle
5d
I first tried the paper ui to configure the autelis controller, but autodiscovery did not find it. That is why I was doing the manual configuration. I discovered the correct format of autelis:poolcontrol:myPool by trial and error. I think I am getting it initialized properly now, but I am not getting any data displayed using:

String poolVersion “Version [%s]” {channel=“autelis:poolcontrol:myPool:system-version”}

Is this the correct syntax?

I am simply connecting a Pentair Intelliflow pump.

Larry_Pyle
5d
To correct my earlier post the following is the contents of the openhab.log:

11:48:42.000 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingAddedEvent ] - Thing ‘autelis:poolcontrol:myPool’ has been added.
11:48:42.011 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘autelis:poolcontrol:myPool’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
11:48:42.011 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘autelis:poolcontrol:myPool’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)
11:48:42.012 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘autelis:poolcontrol:myPool’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
11:48:42.375 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘autelis:poolcontrol:myPool’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

The configuration statement that I put in the .things file is:

autelis:poolcontrol:myPool [ host=“10.194.255.16”, user=“admin”, password=“admin”]

I apparently didn’t look far enough in the log to see that a CONFIGURATION_ERROR and then a COMMUNICATIONS_ERROR were reported

Larry_Pyle
5d
Sorry for not putting this all in one post, but I think there is a second error in the configuration documentation:

Thing autelis:myPool [ host=“192.168.1.10”, port=“80”, user=“admin”, password=“admin”]

should actuall be:
Thing autelis:myPool [ host=“192.168.1.10”, port=80, user=“admin”, password=“admin”]

Otherwise you get an error indicating attempt to write a string into an integer.

digitaldan
Dan Cunningham
Maintainer
5d
Thanks @Larry_Pyle , so is it working for you now? I’m glad we have some other users of this binding, I will update the docs. I’m surprised auto discovery did not work, is your autelis on a different network?

digitaldan
Dan Cunningham
Maintainer
5d
Also to see what channels are available take a look at the thing in the paperui, each channel has a copy icon to copy the channel name to your clipboard.

image.png813x1067 84.2 KB

Larry_Pyle
5d
It is not working yet, but it now shows up in the paper ui -> things with all of the channels. Only the status is offline Communications Error.

Larry_Pyle
5d
No the autelis is on the same network.

Larry_Pyle
3d1
(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 96 hours unless flagged)

Topic Controls
Watching
You will receive notifications because you created this topic.
Suggested Topics

Using MQTT Binding on OpenHAB 2 7
Feb 7
Bindings
MAX Cube question window open
1h
Bindings
Upgrade BTICINO (OpenWebNet) binding to OH2 (plus new Zigbee GW support)
2h
Bindings
AEON HEM Gen5 missing values
3h
Bindings
SMTP Server Binding
15h
Bindings
There is 1 unread and 36 new topics remaining, or browse other topics in Bindings

History

larry_pyle 3 mins
In comparing the openhab.log with the network sniffer I noticed that at about the same time the openhab.log showed the transition from Initializing to online the sniffer should that the binding sent a get status command to the autelis and the autelis responded with what I believe is the correct xml response and a 200 response code. At about the time the openhab.log showed the transition from online to offline (Configuration Error) and then (Communication Error) the sniffer showed the binding sending the following command:

'GET /chem.xml?timestamp=1490044953225

The autelis then responded with a response code of 404 Not Found

The autelis controller I have is the model that only supports the Intelliflow pump. I was wondering if this could will be the problem.

I notice that the paper UI list does not contain everything available. As an example I was looking for Chlorine level and found it as “autelis:poolcontrol:Pool:chlorine”. What I am still struggling to find is how to set the pump speed.