Autelis Help

To change chlrp:

curl "http://admin:admin@autelis.robotics.net/set.cgi?name=chlrp&chem=50"

To change vsp1 pump speed:

curl "http://admin:admin@autelis.robotics.net/set.cgi?name=vsp1&speed=2"

Thanks for suggesting chrome debugger, I figured out the chlrp by playing with curl, but I could not figure out pump speed until I looked at network tab in debugger.

I ran into a Autelis bug, when you update the chlrp it updates the Chemistry page in Autelis, but does NOT update Jandy. However, I let them know of the issue and the quickly were able to fix it.

http://www.autelis.com/downloads/pc100jz/FirmwareUpdater-PC100JZ-ADV-1.6.11.jar

Thats great, should not be hard to fix. Iā€™ll post an updated jar shortly.

1 Like

Give https://github.com/digitaldan/openhab2-addons/releases/download/autelis-jandy/org.openhab.binding.autelis-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar a shot and let me know.

On https://github.com/digitaldan/openhab2-addons/tree/autelis-jandy/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.autelis it says I should be using pump-vsp1, that did not work, but when I changed the item to pumps-vsp1 to match the XML I was able to change pump speed! However, if I changed the sped on Jandy, the item did not update even tho the XML updated correctly in the logs.

Can we get that as part of the binding, whenever I upgrade (almost every day), I have to re enter that.

This is b/c we are installing it manually, once it becomes part of the distribution OH/ESH will automatically install dependencies. In the mean time, if you install another binding with that dependency (even if you donā€™t use it), that should fix it. The Hue binding is probably a good option.

Ok, let me look, I probably mixed up pump and pumps between code, xml and the docs.

Do you get a reading ever for this value? Sending commands and reading updates are independent, so Iā€™m wondering if this is a separate issue.

This was just a typo in the docs, the code looks to use pumps.

So, my item is:

Number Pool_Pump_Speed "Pool Pump Speed [MAP(poolPump.map):%s]" <pool_pump> (Pool) {channel="autelis:jandy:Pool:pumps-vsp1"}

If I set the pump speed to 5 through the item Autelis correctly tells Jandy to set the speed to 5. However, if I then set pump speed to 1 in Jandy, the Autelis correctly updates XML to 1:

<response>
	<pumps>
		<vsp1>1</vsp1>
		<vsp2></vsp2>
		<vsp3></vsp3>
		<vsp4></vsp4>
	</pumps>
</response>

2017-07-05 14:52:28.805 [AutelisHandler ] - updating channel autelis:jandy:Pool:pumps-vsp1 with state 1 (old state 5)

However the item state does not change to 1, in fact there is nothing in events.log for that item changing.

updating channel autelis:jandy:Pool:pumps-vsp1 with state 1 (old state 5)

Well thats odd, the line says we are calling updateState to that channel ( autelis:jandy:Pool:pumps-vsp1), but since your not seeing the item update, its like the item is not linked to the channel. On the REST swagger page (/doc/index.html#) under ā€œlinks ā†’ GETā€ if you click on the ā€œtry it outā€ button, do you see that channel linked to the item?

ā€œchannelUIDā€: ā€œautelis:jandy:Pool:pumps-vsp1ā€,
ā€œitemNameā€: ā€œPool_Pump_Speedā€

Yes, itā€™s linked, I am able to change the item and effect the pump speed, just not the other way around.

Two things, one, do you know when this will make it to 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT and two, do you know why this stopped working under 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT a few days ago? Other then upgrading, I made no changes to openHAB.

openhab.log:2017-07-31 10:03:25.180 [INFO ] [org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'autelis.things'
openhab.log:2017-07-31 10:03:38.572 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.autelis-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
openhab.log:org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.autelis [176]
openhab.log:2017-07-31 10:03:45.580 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.autelis-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
openhab.log:org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.autelis [176]

Sorry I have been out the last few weeks. Not sure what happened there, did you install or uninstall another binding? Maybe that process unloaded the autelis binding and could not reinstall it?

Did you ever figure this out? I have not submitted this yet for review, I will plan on doing so over the weekend (or sooner if I can)

Reinstalling did the trick, as far as the pump speed, I still donā€™t see the item updating when Jandy changes the speed, but I am able to set the speed to whatever I want. Itā€™s not ideal, but for my needs is not a big deal.

I submitted a PR yesterday so hopefully it will be in the nightlies soon. I still want to figure out why that value is not working for you, Iā€™m traveling this week, but when I get a chance I will try and create a debug version to better diagnose the issue.

Hi guys, I installed a Pentair ScreenLogic 2 kit with the IP protocol adapter and a EasyTouch controller. The App is working (but crappy) so I try to setup OH to control. I read the bindig also supports Pentair devices. Does that include the protocol adapter?

No I donā€™t think so, you need the Autelis adapter.