Autelis not working in OpenHab 2.4

Upgraded to OpenHab 2.4 and now autelis does not seem to work. I don’t see it polling in logs at all.

[root@lisa openhab2]# more autelis.log 
01-Jan-2019 13:41:57.810 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.autelis                       ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.autelis
01-Jan-2019 13:41:57.810 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.autelis                       ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.autelis
01-Jan-2019 13:41:57.813 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.autelis                       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.UpnpDiscoveryParticipant}={service.id=511, service.bundleid=250, serv
ice.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.autelis.internal.discovery.AutelisDiscoveryService, component.id=279} - org.openhab.binding.autelis
01-Jan-2019 13:41:57.829 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.autelis                       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=512, service.bundleid=250, service
.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.autelis.internal.AutelisHandlerFactory, component.id=280} - org.openhab.binding.autelis

My things has not changed:

Thing autelis:jandy:Pool [host=“10.88.64.89”,user=“admin”,password=“admin”]

@digitaldan any ideas?

So I have a dev build that i need to get merged into master, i have been so scattered brain with other things that i have let this rot on a open PR. I will try and fix this over the weekend. FYI my working branch for the PR is https://github.com/digitaldan/openhab2-addons/tree/autelis-jandy-pr-review/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.autelis

Thanks

Wondered if you had a chance to take a look?

I am just getting around to upgrading to OpenHab2 (starting from scratch), and I am not able to get the Autelis binding working either. The 2.4 binding is installed. Using PaperUI, I can create a Thing of the type “poolcontrol”. But the status shows up as “OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR”. When I create a Thing manually in a text file, I can create one of the format autelis:poolcontrol:mypool, but not (as the wiki instructs) of the format autelis:jandy:mypool. The former has the same problem as when created through PaperUI. The connection still works on my OpenHab 1.x install. I’m at a complete loss.

I was able to get it working, but only after finding a random copy of the 2.3 binding on the web (through one of Dan’s postings on this forum) and manually installing that. For some reason the 2.3 binding uses the jandy and pentair Things, but the 2.4 binding uses poolcontrol and does not work at least with my setup.

Edit: I seem to have spoken too soon. The 2.3 binding is definitely better. Now I can at least read the state of each channel, but I still cannot control, for example, the pump.

Sorry i missed this! The nightly builds have an updated build of the binding. Also note that while we still support the generic pool thing, there is also a specific Jandy and Pentair thing type as well. See https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/blob/master/bundles/org.openhab.binding.autelis/README.md for more info.

You did not mention what pool type you have? If its a Jandy/Zodiac and you have their iAquaLink internet controller, i have a binding that talks to that as well in review.

Thanks for your response. I don’t know where to find the nightly builds.

I have a Jandy without iAqualink, and I am stable for now with a manual add of the 2.3-SNAPSHOT binding from another thread.