Auto detection of Philips hue bridge ( SOLVED)

Hi,
I have a Philips hue bridge that needs the button pressed when starting OH, I have the config file set to auto detection but I still need to pair using the button on the bridge.

My problem is that I want to be able to start OH and not have to pair with the bridge by pressing the button.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

My users do not have view of the count down on the OH console sobtgey can’t see the time left to press the button.

+1 for me… I usually wait a minute or so after restarting OpenHAB and press the Hue button to pair it. I have found that I was restarting a lot when I was first getting started with OpenHAB, but since I have it pretty much set the way I want it, I have not restarted it for about six days… Prior to this, I would type “sudo /etc/init.d/openhab status” which shows the last 10 lines of the log file and when I would see the “Press the button on the Hue” I would press it.

Please try using the latest hue binding from the 1.8.0 release. There was a firmware update in the hue bridge with triggered this message in the 1.7.0 binding whenever openHAB is started even though the bridge is actually paired already. This has been fixed for 1.8.0.

@dominicdesu thank you, I’ll try to upgade to 1.8