Autodiscovered things appear in Inbox when static things are configured already

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry PI 3
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_151
    • openHAB version:2.1
  • Issue of the topic:

Hello,
I’m currently trying to migrate from openhab 1 to openhab 2.1 and I’m struggeling a little with the new way to configure openhab2. I don’t like all the auto-discovery stuff for configuration as it is as I used to configure everything by hand and store all configuration in an Ansible role that I’m comitting to a GIT repository, i.e., everything is managed and versioned. I’d like to keep it that way if possible. I like the auto-discovery stuff though for figuring out what devices I need to configure in my .things file.

I started out with my Hue bulbs and now that I have configured the .things file and the hue bridge is paired with openhab, I have odd effects:

• When I restart openhab, I have to repair the Hue bridge again. The static bridge will be marked as offline after the openhab restart. My logfile wants me to pair the newly discovered bridge.
  • On restart, all my bulbs are still autodiscovered and listed in the Inbox even though I have them statically defined and they are listed under things (albeit as offline).

I’m happy for any suggestion what I might be doing wrong! Thanks a lot!

Hit that checkbox:

Thanks for the pointer. Is that a 2.2 snapshot feature? I don’t have that option in my Paper UI.

It’s fairly new, yes. A couple of weeks …

that’s a nice feature, I also don’t want to see all these items in my inbox, which I already configured manually. Maybe time to update to the snapshot :slight_smile:

edit:
hmm, it does not seems to work when you choosed another name for the things…

That is intended, I guess. Two different names, two different things (I understood you only want a single thing … which makes sense otherwise you mess up your system)

It only works for bindings implementing the new feature. They are not a lot. What is checked is not the name but the representative property built by the binding.

1 Like