AVM Fritz!Box Binding Problems OH3

After the upgrade to OH3 I have the problem that the binding stop working. Sometimes it is set to offline (and all items too - thats clear), sometimes the status in UI is not changed but no reaction from the device if I switch it.

2021-01-08 10:13:55.696 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'avmfritz:fritzbox:192_168_1xx_xxx' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.

2021-01-08 10:13:55.701 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_1xx_xxx:yyyyyyyyyyy' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2021-01-08 10:13:55.704 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_1xx_xxx:yyyyyyyyyyy' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2021-01-08 10:13:55.707 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_1xx_xxx:yyyyyyyyyyy' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2021-01-08 10:13:55.709 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_1xx_xxx:yyyyyyyyyyy' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

After I restart the service it works for a while until same error …

I checked the Fritz Box log too but there are no entries.

Any idea ?

thanks and best regards,
Christian

1 Like

Hi,
did you check/change the call intervall (the heartbeat check of the linked Fritz!Box) in your AVM Thing setup? The default is 15s. I set it to the min value of 5s and the communication state went off and on, indicated by the green “online”/red “offline” thing state signs. After setting back to 15s, the connetion was stable.

Nevertheless, the pure binding, thing and channel setup works in my environment with the new UI (OH 3.01).

But unfortunately I cannot use any of the AVM channel item info.

E.g. I want to porpagate the incoming call number to a label widget in the UI.
I tried several hours, to find out how this might work in the OH3 UI, incl. a new call Item with label “incoming call number: [%2$s]” like in older versions, but it seems to me the AVM binding is buggy in this OH3.01 version.
(BTW: The TR-064 binding works fine! E.g. WLAN device detection via MAC ID on/off.)

Or do I miss something? Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks and kind regards,
Henry

hi henry,
i know this problems … but currently it is working on my site.

I found this example from christoph very helpful.

From my logs i learned, that the defined item for “incoming call …” does not hold the information permanent, it changes it’s state
a) from: UNDEF to <Number1>,<Number2> and
b) from: <Number1>,<Number2> to UNDEF
so i had to save the information from the event a) via rule to an other self defined item

or in my case: i combined the avmfritz binding with tr064 binding and use the (few seconds later) updated calllist of my Fritz!Box to get the last call.

Hi Harald,
thanks for the hint, that helped - many thanks!

I 1st tried to send the incoming call numbers directly as Toast - command via webOS binding to my LG TV, but as you said, without a rule script which also fetches the incoming call number string, it simply doesn’t work. And with an additional string item one can keep the last call number persistent.

As openHAB newbie I still need to learn a lot…