Avmfritz binding without PaperUI, FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100

I have a running openhab 2 (downloaded offline at 31.07.2016) and I managed to run the avmfritz binding using the paperUI.

But since I run all other bindings like homematic, pioneeravr or ntp by use of config files and not by paperUI I tried to configure avmfritz like described in the github:

demo.Things:
Bridge avm:fritzbox:192.168.178.1 [ ipAddress=“192.168.0.64” ] {
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT1 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxx” ]
FRITZ_Powerline_546E PL1 [ ain=“yy:yy:yy:yy:yyy” ]
}
demo.items:
Number Temp { channel=“avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:1:DECT1:temperature” }
Switch Outlet2 { channel=“avmfritz:FRITZ_Powerline_546E:1:PL1:outlet” }
demo.sitemap:
sitemap demo label=“Main Menu”
{
Frame {
Text item=Temp
Switch item=Outlet2
}
}
But this is not working for me. Can anybody proof this? Is there anybody who got this working and can give me a hint - or let me take a look at his files?

And another question - I do use 3 FRITZ!DECT200 devices which are discoverd when I use paperUI - but what about my FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 - I would like to use their temperature value.

Thanks for your help,
Frank

When I use paperUI, I do get my fritzbox

fritz
FRITZ!Box
avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz

and my 3 DECT 200 devices

DECT1
FRITZ!DECT 200
avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:xxxxxxxxxxxx

DECT2
FRITZ!DECT 200

DECT3
FRITZ!DECT 200

Now I try to get this state without paperUI but with configuration files - delete all 4 avm things, then use these files:

avm.things:
Bridge avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz [ ipAddress=“192.168.xxx.xxx”, password=“xxx”, user=“yyy” ] // or should this be avm:fritzbox:fritz (does not work either)
{
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT1 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxx” ]
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT2 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxx” ]
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT3 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxx” ]
}

avm.items:
Number Temp { channel=“avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:1:DECT1:temperature” }
Number Temp { channel=“avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:1:DECT2:temperature” }
Number Temp { channel=“avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:1:DECT3:temperature” }

But nothing happens, no items are added … So where is my mistake? Is it avm or avmfritz in the things-file? And is the item definition correct? What is the “1” between FRITZ_DECT_200 and DECTx used for?

Thanks for any hint, Regards,
Frank

Okay, I got one step further:

With avm.things
Bridge avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz [ ipAddress=“192.168.xxx.xxx”, password =“xxx”, user=“xxx” ]{
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT1 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxxx” ]
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT2 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxxx” ]
FRITZ_DECT_200 DECT3 [ ain=“xxxxxxxxxxxx” ]
}
I get a new thing ‘fritz’ which is a Fritz!Box and which is online. Additionals I get 3 Fritz!DECT things but they remain in state initializing and are described with avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:DECT[1-3] - and in INBOX of paperUI I do get another 3 Fritz!DECT devices which are autodiscovered and which are described as avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:[AIN]. This is NOT matching!

So I will try to solve this new problem - I would be very happy to get any hint from you …

By the way: In documentation of avmfritz binding obviously is an error (see my first post): It has to be avmfritz and not avm like described … Maybe there is someone to fix this?

Regards,
Frank

Hi Frank,

I have fixed the example (feel free to do it yourself the next time).

I do get another 3 Fritz!DECT devices which are autodiscovered and which are described as avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:[AIN]. This is NOT matching!

If you want them to match, you should chose the ID in the thing file as well using the AIN.
The other option is to simply ignore the discovery results and be happy.

Regards,
Kai

Hi Kai,
thank you for your hint - using the AIN as thing ID solves my problem. Now it works as I want it to. So maybe this should be changed in the documentation? But since it is not my binding nor my documentation I do not want to change it …

The other option would not have been ignoring the discoyery results - because the defined things in the avm.things file did not leave the state ‘initialising’. What I did as a workaroud was to delete the DECT_200 things from the file ans use the discovery things. But now it is how I want it. Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Frank

because the defined things in the avm.things file did not leave the state ‘initialising’

Ok, then I misunderstood you there. I would not have expected that there is a difference between the dsl-defined and the auto-discovered things. Might be still a bug in the code then…

Ah, okay.

Is there a chance that other AHA-devices like my two Fritz!Repeater 100 will be useable with the binding? I would like to use the temperature of them …

You probably only have to define a thing type for it - probably no big deal, but it needs to be done by someone that owns that device.

Someone who owns that device? Means someone who owns a Fritz!Repeater 100? That could be me :wink: But is there a documentation for me to see what need to be done?

I just managed to put my FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 into the binding (just like Kai suggested just add the ThingType and and also some lines in the binding, the actual logic is all there already)

Now for the part where I am the beginner, so please be patient : I have to figure out how to create a proper pull request :neutral_face: