Azure IoT Hub Connector installation

Hello,

I was trying to give it a try to Azure IoT Hub connector.
Unfortunately I can not find any page explaining how to install it.
The only information I found is here:

This page explains how to create the resource at ms azure side, but nothing is said about how to install the add-on

I searched in any of the Paper UI add-ons options (actions,bindings,misc,persistence,…) and found nothing.

By using the openhab-cli console, I tried to see if such feature is really available in 2.5.0.1, and saw nothing neither

openhab> feature:list | grep az
openhab-binding-amazondashbutton                  │ 2.5.0            │          │ Uninstalled │ openhab-addons-2.5.0     │ Amazon Dash Button Binding
openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol                 │ 2.5.0            │          │ Uninstalled │ openhab-addons-2.5.0     │ Amazon Echo Control Binding
openhab-persistence-dynamodb                      │ 1.14.0           │          │ Uninstalled │ openhab-addons-2.5.0     │ Amazon DynamoDB Persistence
openhab> feature:list | grep iot
openhab>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

I observed this on my “production device” (a raspberry 4), and also on a freshly installed oh2 sandbox.

Any idea or indication will be very welcome!

======

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: any/RAM/storage
    • Java Runtime Environment: zulu-embedded-8 / openjdk 8
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0.1

I might have found the answer to my own question. It seems the add-ons has been removed in 2.5 milestone 3:

Could it be an idea to write a small note about it in the documentation page ?

According to the note it’s just a temporary removal. I don’t know why or how long it will be removed.

At the bottom of the docs page there is a link to the source code for the doc where you can make the edits and submit them for approval. See How to file an Issue for details.

I see in this old thread that the Azure IoT Hub Connector was temporarily removed with 2.5.0 Milestone 3. Are there any plans to reintroduce this, or any other practical way to use Azure IoT Hub as an MQTT broker?

I’m also looking for an answer if we will ever see this plugin back again?