Bad charset/icons in current snapshot

In snapshot #1050, the charset (or icons) to display e.g. the up and down arrows on setpoints and rollershutter items and the “back” button in Basic UI are broken.
Possibly already that was already in #1048 (which included the most recent ESH update).

You mean those:



That screenshot is from #1050 (BasicUI).
Maybe your problem has something to do with:

No, this is unrelated.
I just tried #1050 with the Basic UI myself and all looks good:

Could you try to clean your browser cache to see if that makes a difference?

I am playing with icons and sitemaps right now. Maybe I ran into some intermediate state, and possibly made syntax errors, too. I cannot reproduce it after I moved to #1051, so let’s forget about it for the time being. Thanks for your help.

PS: I still fail to make a couple of new svg icons show up that I obtained from here. Dropped them into /etc/openhab2/icons/classic directory.
Can you propose an appropriate debug setting to help me find out the reason why ?

Hmm, after upgrading to both, #1053 and #1054, the problem reappeared, this is how it looks like.

Just seems to affect specific icons like ^ v and > . To clear the browser cache or to restart does not help.
I wonder if the following is related:

openhab> bundle:list|grep -v Act
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
 ID │ State     │ Lvl │ Version                │ Name
122 │ Waiting   │  80 │     │ Eclipse SmartHome Bonjour/MDS Service Discovery
169 │ Resolved  │  80 │     │ openHAB Sound Support, Hosts: 112
211 │ Installed │  75 │     │ openHAB Basic UI Fragment
213 │ Installed │  75 │     │ openHAB Paper UI Theme Fragment
openhab> bundle:start 211
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
        Error starting bundle 211: Invalid operation on a fragment.

EDIT: after a OH restart, bundle 211 is Resolved now and the icon problem is gone.

But PaperUI is still missing (it was probably missing earlier, too), likely because of #213 still in Installed state.
Restarting the PaperUI bundle (#195 for me) doesn’t help make #213 transition to Resolved, it’s stuck in Installed

EDIT 2: problem is gone in more recent versions and hasn’t reappeared since