Basic UI image refresh rate in seconds (instead miliseconds)

I´m running OH 2.0.0 and the image refresh parameter seens to be in seconds when using basic ui. Can anyone confirm it?

I also had problems with updates so I’ve created a test setup to verify this.
And it seems you are totally right!
The reason why my images didn’t update was that the intervals were set to milliseconds. Now that I’ve reduced the numbers they update.

I tried the same with charts. But instead of updating they show a broken chart symbol:

The sitemap for this chart looks like this:

Frame label="Humidity" {
        Chart item=nHumidity period=h refresh=10
    }

It loads fine on browser refresh but then breaks.
Could someone verify this?

@Botura: Are you gonna open a ticket to flag this issue?

I did some more testing and all of a sudden the image isn’t updated any more using this sitemap:

sitemap powerChart label="Temperature" {
    Frame label="Temperature" {
        Image url="http://localhost:8080/chart?items=nTemperature&period=h&service=rrd4j&w=600&h=480" refresh=10
    }
}

Checking the DEBUG output I get this:

remaining: -2 ms
16:47:27.623 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout    ] - SelectChannelEndPoint@454a3b5d{/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:54883<->8080,Open,in,out,-,-,30003/30000,HttpConnection}{io=0,kio=0,kro=1} idle timeout expired
16:47:27.623 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher   ] - ignored: WriteFlusher@121cb56f{IDLE} java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30002/30000 ms
16:47:27.624 [DEBUG] [rg.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint] - Ignored idle endpoint SelectChannelEndPoint@454a3b5d{/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:54883<->8080,Open,in,out,-,-,30004/30000,HttpConnection}{io=0,kio=0,kro=1}

Does this have anything to do with the image not refreshing?
Of course I’ve restarted openHAB2 several times and checked the configuratin before posting.

I tested with chart and the behavior is the same, the refresh rate should be in seconds instead of miliseconds.

Chart item=teste_1 period=h refresh=60
teste_1 : strategy = everyChange, everyMinute, restoreOnStartup	

@Automark, I´m using mysql for persistent and chart refresh is working here. I have no experience with rdd4. Did you use the everyMinute logging strategy as mentioned on chart wiki?

When using rrd4j persistence, you must use the everyMinute (60 seconds) logging strategy otherwise rrd4j thinks that there is no data and will not properly draw the charts.

@Automark, I don´t know where should I open a ticket, would you mind openning it?

For declaring issues relative to basic UI : https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome

Thanks for looking at my problem with the chart update.
I’ve double checked it and don’t get the chart to update. So for now I use the image instead.
Yes, the logging strategy is set to 60 seconds with rrd4j.

I believe that somewhere I’ve read that charting only works with rrd4j. Is the support of mysql new with openHAB2?

I’ve just created a ticket here:

@Automark,

I’m not sure If MySQL is new with oh2. I just migrate from oh1 few weeks ago…

Apparently the issue has been fixed and closed: issue 3308 (link above) and also issue 3444.

I’d be happy to read if this fixes your problem with image updates.
I didn’t have the chance to test it yet myself.

I don´t know how to test it.

I´ve upgraded to openHAB 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT Build #919 but it has the same
behavior.

OH snapshots are based on a ESH version from the 12th of May.
You will have to wait few days, maybe one week or two, to see this fix in OH snapshots.

hey guys,

is there any solution now to refresh images in openpanel without a rule?
If i use the rule technic the image is always flickering on reloading the image and that looks not so nice ;-).

i tried this code but the image isn´t refreshed.

<div ng-init="image={url: 'http://192.168.178.100:3003/render/dashboard-solo/db/room1?panelId=7&tab=general&from=now-5m&to=now&width=1000&height=500', refresh: 100" >
  	 <widget-image ng-model="image"></widget-image>