BasicUI is not finding sitemaps

Dear Community,

I am suprised. I am running openHAB 2.4 on a windows machine. localhost finds the main page, paper-ui is accessbile, habpanel, too. If I want to call the basicui, I can access the intro, but there is a message, that there are no sitemaps available. In which folder do I need to look for - in runtime-conf-sitemaps there is a demo.sitemap file?

Thanks in advance for your hints.

Best regards,
Jochen

How about reading here about sitemaps and their location.
For the windows installation the conf folder can be found as described Here.

Thanks JĂĽrgen,

as mentioned before I know where the files are (and I know some of the docs of course) - the basic ui is not finding the demo sitemap file. To verify my approach I created a new sitemap file, this file won’t be found by basic ui too.

Not sure on the demo sitemap (does this one show at all when on “normal” setup/ other then demo?), other sitemaps should be in the $OPENHAB_CONF/sitemaps folder.

On my Debian VM the demo sitemap is there, called demo.sitemap. :smiley:

Not realy clear what you mean by “find”. BasicUI displays the sitemap you tell it in the url you use, … “?sitemap=blah”.
If none given, there is a system setting (accessible via PaprUI) for the default of your choice. _default.sitemap by umm, default.

Try adding ?sitemap-demo

It is solved - I had an empty frame in the sitemap - beginner’s mistake, :slight_smile: !

1 Like