Battery Change - Never Works - Aeon Labs Door Contact

I’m using Openhab with zwave binding1.7.0.201505180108
I am having issues with my Aeon Labs Door Contact
When the battery is dead, i change it
It never reconnects
I have to go through this long arduous process of readding it pushing buttons and such
Once it finally gets readded, its a different node.

Why can’t i get this to recommunicate simply but just inserting the batteries?
Any config ideas?

Thanks

The next time it happens, after replacing the battery, try poking the z-wave button quickly 3 times. I am noticing a similar behavior with the water sensor. You should not have to remove/re-add z-wave device. If you do, the device itself may be faulty.

How long do you leave it? It will take the wakeup period (at least) before it is is reconfigured again (assuming the wakeup is configured properly). I would check that the wakeup class is being properly configured.

I am having the same problem. I’m on the latest version of Openhabian, running Z-Wave binding 2.3.0, Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, and Aeotec door sensor Gen2.

After replacing the battery in the door sensor, there doesn’t seem to be any communication with the controller. I’m not seeing anything in the logs, which would normally be seen when a z-wave device is communicating with the controller. I’ve tried manually waking the device, and I just let it sit for 24+ hours and it never updated in openhab. I had this problem last time the battery died, and thought maybe it was my Aeotec Z-Stick S2, which I then upgraded to the Gen5 and readded all z-wave deivces.

Are these Gen2 door sensors not capable of remembering it’s controller between battery changes? Is there anything else I can try? Right now, it really seems like the only solution is to remove and readd it to get it working again.