Beginner questions - migration

Good morning,
I’m new here and I’m thinking of changing to openhab. Right now I’m using ccu3, iobroker and homebridge. everything on a raspberry pi 4 8gb.
Is it possible to migrate everything to openhab or I need to do everything from zero? How about the HmIP devices? I need to integrate every device again to openhab or I can migrate a backup from ccu3 to openhab?

Hi and welcome!

I’m not familiar with ccu3/iobroker/homebridge. As far as I know (and I don’t know much about this), there isn’t any “migration tool” that can help you migrate from ccu3 or any other home automation system to openhab.

My thought would be to start from scratch with openhab, and slowly migrate things, one thing at a time, starting from the easy parts first. Depending on the size of your current system, it may take some time, especially for you to get up to speed with openhab and how things are done.

The most important thing is to ask questions if you’re stuck. You’ve come to the right place.

There is a Homeatic binding that supports ccu3 according to the docs. Homematic - Bindings | openHAB

OH has its own integration path with HomeKit so it will replace HomeBridge. It will also replace iobroker.

So I don’t think you need to do anything to the CCU3 but there is no automatic migration from these other tools to openHAB. They are very different platforms.