Beginner questions

Hi all,

I intend to install openhab and before this I have some questions if you can help me

1 - Can i install it on a dedicated Intel NUC running latest version of Ubuntu Server?

2 - I have a raspi4 which running zigbee2mqtt and have few xiaomi temp sensors paired. Will this be compatible with open hub? I mean get sensors on mqtt?

Thank you very much

Hi, welcome to OpenHAB =)

1 - Can i install it on a dedicated Intel NUC running latest version of Ubuntu Server?

Yes, just follow

2 - I have a raspi4 which running zigbee2mqtt and have few xiaomi temp sensors paired. Will this be compatible with open hub? I mean get sensors on mqtt?

For sure.
you only need to have and configure the right “binding” inside openhab via Paper UI for example (very easy)

1 Like

Yes - or you could install openhabian directly on your Raspi 4 :thinking:

Thank you very much
I will give it a try next days…I spent some time with homeassistant but seems I am not so confortable with it, that s why want to start with OpenHab

Thanks a lot again
Will get back with updates

The reason for using this setup is because Intel nuc is in a dedicated technical room and Is long distance from the sensors. That s why I am using raspi with LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1 for zigbee2mqtt where now I have just 5 xiaomi sensors but I have in plan to add lot more
Thanks for help

1 Like