Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

BTW, the source of the binding can be found here: https://github.com/mgeramb/openhab2-addons/tree/3083-AmazonControlBinding/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol

I also canā€™t install itā€¦ I am getting this error . I tried installing by both ways (putting .jar file in addons directory and by market place). I am using openHAB 2.1.0 - release build -

23:32:54.785 [WARN ] [ace.internal.BindingExtensionHandler] - Installed bundle, but failed to start it: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.amazonec
hocontrol [205]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:=ā€œoptionalā€
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:=ā€œoptionalā€
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.http; version=ā€œ1.2.1ā€

Sorry, I have now answer for this. The binding works with OH 2.2. Iā€™am not sure if OH 2.1 is the reason.

@Kai or any other experienced developers: can this be a problem because the binding is compiled with OH 2.2?

Beta13:
Improved new login method! It can handle now account verification with code sent to email or phone. Thanks to @Silberbaum for the help to provide this feature!
There is no need to update for users with havenā€™t login problems.
All informations and the download link is in the top most post.

Definitely yes - you cannot use newer add-ons on older runtimes.

Thanks @Kai @michi. upgrading to 2.2.0 solved the issue

1 Like

Thank you for reporting and sorry that the binding was marked as compatible with 2.1 on the market place. Itā€™s corrected now!

@michi short radio silence on my site - I was on vacationā€¦

I just wanted to try:

ā€¦ than I saw the account is online now and there are new echo-things in the paperUI inbox.

Only to let you know: Iā€™ve no idea why it is working 4 days later?
I did nothing as always said :wink: ā€¦but I wasnā€™t at homeā€¦

During the trouble the raspberry had a permanent internet connection.
I double checked it during the problems: ping amazon.de succeeds always.

So Iā€™m happy to continue now ā€¦ :smiley:

Nice to hear, thankā€™s for reporting!

Hi!

I am using latest snapshot:
openHAB 2.3.0~20180330190549-1 (Build #1245)

After copying the binding to addons I get following error:

2018-03-31 11:36:53.342 [ERROR] [rg.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol] - [org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.discovery.AmazonEchoDiscovery(227)] The activate method has thrown an exception
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Expected static field org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.discovery.AmazonEchoDiscovery.scheduler
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.discovery.AmazonEchoDiscovery.startBackgroundDiscovery(AmazonEchoDiscovery.java:135) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.AbstractDiscoveryService.activate(AbstractDiscoveryService.java:381) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.discovery.AmazonEchoDiscovery.activate(AmazonEchoDiscovery.java:155) ~[?:?]

ā€¦

Hi Tom, Snapshot builds are not supported. Please use OH 2.2. There is already a open pull request for a merge to 2.3, but I do not know when I get a review and the merge will be done.
Regards,
Michael

Thanks for the Information!

Hi Michi, your binding is great. Thanks for your hard work!

Iā€™ve read the previous message, that the snapshot version is not compatible.

Would it be hard to compile a version that works with the latest snapshot builds, as some of us are already on the 2.3 snapshot builds and cannot revert to 2.2 due to changes in other bindings (like the Zwave binding). Would it be technically possible to compile the code in your PR to generate a JAR binding thatā€™s compatible with the latest snapshot build?

I think it would be possible, but I am not so experienced with the versioning of OH and so it will take to much time for me in the moment. Maybe anyone can help me. The source can be find here: https://github.com/mgeramb/openhab2-addons/tree/3083-AmazonControlBinding

The PR will be compiled automatically, but I do not know which version is used.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks for your reply :+1:

Iā€™am not sure if this build works with the daily snapshot 2.3 build installations:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/
Maybe anyone try it and give me a feedback.

1 Like

It is working!

Itā€™s confirmed by @HALLO01 - thanks for testing this link work for 2.3 snapshot builds.

I can confirm it works as well, thanks a lot!

Yep Confirmed here 2.3 nightlies as well