Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Did you have one of the bluetooth channels defined in the wha (Multiroom-Music) Thing type? Because this is not supported, but I do not check this in the binding if you create them in the items file.

No, I just had a few of the channels setup, such as control, volume, and the amazon play list one.

PLEASE HELP

Maybe it helps to get an official way to control echo devices if a lot of people like my idea in the amazon development forum: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/content/idea/107878/sdk-for-controlling-echo-devices.html

Please give me a like there!

Do you know if it’s technically possible to use 2FA with the mechanism you’re using to control the Echo? I don’t want to try and get up to speed with how this works to find out it’s not possible.

No, I have never tried it

Hi all and thanks @michi for this good work. Just a question: I’m using the sendcommand to the reminder in order to have spoken output and it is working quite well. Is it possibile to avoid the Alexa’s prefix such as “this is a reminder” or “I’m reminding you
” at the start of the messages?

Thanks
f

Sorry, no, this is done by the echo software.

Thanks. I liked your proposal for an SDK in the Amazon forum :slight_smile:

I had login problems, too. I removed thing and recreated it after about 16 hours, then it was fine.

Thanks for the binding!

Done

Ahhhh that’s a shame
 I was just about to get this up and running as it sounds like the perfect solution

I have everything set up and got reminders working using a simple Echo_Remind.sendCommand(“Hello This is a test”) but i’ve noticed that ever since then every time I restart openhab my echo repeats the reminder. If I do a smarthome:status Echo_Remind it returns nothing so I think the item is empty and maybe the reminder is stuck in the binding somehow. Has anyone else run int that? I’m using the version at the top of the OP (Beta 9)

Just setup device time zone at Alexa app.

Running smooth as silk - kudos again @michi !

Just brilliant, I do appreciate your efforts very much. Used amazon.de and your instructions worked like a charm.

Quick question and it might be a stretch, is it possible to be able to control the items that are certified to work with alexa. For instance there are some inexpensive wifi plugs and it would be fantastic if there was a way to control them via this binding without having to do anything else. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Fastcar550,

currently not, but I have already a private beta test with a other user running. Maybe it’s possible to control lamps and dimmers (write only, I will not get feedback from the devices) which are controlled with an Alexa Skill (regardless if the are certified or not). But unfortunately I have no such device and I test with the openHAB Alexa Skill (which is already working, but makes in reality no sense) and currently the test from my beta-tester fails. Please be patient.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks, I am standing by.

Looks like its not possible sending a reminder text to a multiroom group. Sending the text to one single echo works perfectly.

Yes this is true, multiroom groups does not support reminder and alarms (See the channel description). This limitation is by the amazon software, not by the binding. But you can create a virtual string item for the group in openHAB and a rule which sends the reminder to all alexas.

Regards, Michael

1 Like