Binding and paperUI things get lost after restart

Hi community,

I am running OH2 since quite a long time and upgrade regulary to the latest stable build.
Last week I just upgrade from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 and I encounter problems with my binding and things configured in paperUI.

When installing my bindings and things everything is running fine. But after a power outage my openhab does only recognize my astro and mqtt things configured via config file but none of my other bindings/things configured via paperUI.

In karaf I get the following error:

2020-06-03 09:00:05.675 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-mqtt", openhab-misc-openhabcloud", openhab-persistence-“influxdb, openhab-persistence-rrd4j”, openhab-transformation-xpath", openhab-ui-"dashboard, openhab-transformation-“exec, openhab-ui-basic”, openhab-action-“telegram”, openhab-binding-“amazonechocontrol, openhab-misc-”’

I freshly reinstalled 2.5.5 and everything was fine again until another restart yesterday that led to the same problem of missing bindings/things.

Did anyone else encounter this?

Restoring from a backup that I just performed before and running a clear-cache will set the system back into its working state. But anyway this feels like a bug or misconfiguration from my side.

Are you configuring add-ons in addons.cfg? If you do, any add-ons also installed through Paper UI will be removed when OH restarts.

No, my /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg is completely commented out.

The /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config looks like this

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"33"
action=“telegram”
binding=“amazonechocontrol,astro,comfoair1,denonmarantz,exec,harmonyhub,homematic,heos,hue,network,novelanheatpump1,openweathermap,samsungtv,systeminfo,zwave,miio,mqtt”
misc=“,openhabcloud”
package=“standard”
persistence=“influxdb,mapdb,rrd4j”
service.pid=“org.openhab.addons”
transformation=“exec,javascript,jinja,jsonpath,map,regex,xpath”
ui=“dashboard,paper”

Two things stand out to me.

1. There is a comma at the beginning of the misc line. Shutdown, edit file, restart.
  2. The telegram action was replaced with an action in the 2.x version of the binding. Try uninstalling the action, or shutdown, edit file, and restart.

This post may help

I got rid of the comma (openhabcloud is working - as before) and switched my rules to the new binding.
Restart was successful with all bindings and things now.

I’ll keep this updated in case I’ll run into this issue again.
But it is still strange that my setup was working in 2.5.4 and the issue came up with 2.5.5

Thanks for your help, @5iver!

1 Like

I had a power outage again and it is still starting up fine.
Thanks again

1 Like