Binding build issue

I started working on creating my own binding (Insteon since that’s the hardware I have to experiment with) so I can learn the process. I’ve been doing pretty good at getting an understanding and everything was building fine until yesterday. I didn’t make any changes but get these errors when I build with maven:

[ERROR] Code Analysis Tool has found:
 9 error(s)!
 4 warning(s)
 14 info(s)
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\binding\binding.xml:[4]
Cannot find the declaration of element binding:binding.
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\bridges.xml:[2]
There were whitespace characters used for indentation. Please use tab characters instead
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\bridges.xml:[5]
chemaLocation" associated with an element type "thing:thing-descriptions" is not bound.
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\channels.xml:[3]
There were whitespace characters used for indentation. Please use tab characters instead
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\channels.xml:[5]
Cannot find the declaration of element thing:thing-descriptions.
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\GenericDimmer.xml:[3]
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\GenericDimmer.xml:[5]
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\ESH-INF\thing\thing-types.xml:[5]
[ERROR] .binding.insteon\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF:[0]
The package org.openhab.binding.insteon.config should be marked as "internal" if it is not exported.
[WARNING] org.openhab.binding.insteon.config.InsteonBridgeConfig.java:[21]

When I created the binding I used the skeleton creation tool as the documentation states and I use Eclipse as my editor. Was there a change recently that would effect the build of a binding created with the skeleton?

I read through some more posts and I see things are changing so I’m assuming that’s why my builds started having issues. I’ll follow other posts to monitor progress.

The skeleton is not valid anymore since about 3 months but the PR to change it hasn’t been accepted yet.

You need to change eclipse smarthome to openhab in those xml files for the static analyser to accept them again, so example files in the openhab2-addons repo in bundles/.