Binding development and recent ESH core change

Hi,

I am currently working on a new binding and recently got confronted with the ESH core changes, that result in the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Bridge.getHandler()

I could fix this in the development environment by updating to the latest OH2 runtime, but building the binding with mvn clean install and copying it to an OH2 beta4 installation leads to the error named above again (which I expected to be honest). That makes beta testing by others a bit complicated, as they are running beta4 usually.

Any ideas what is the best way to handle this?

Thanks!

Ask your testers to update to the latest snapshot - really this is the only way. There are continual developments in the runtime - you’ve found one change, but there will be others, and beta4 is relatively old now.

1 Like

Okay thanks. Do you know if there is a debian package of nightly snapshots available? I could not find any - just b4.

I believe so -:

1 Like

@oliver_kuhl how about the offficial documentation? :blush: http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#package-repository-installation

1 Like

RTFM… :see_no_evil:

Thanks for the hint!