Binding for Apple-TV

Hi-

There are 2 versions of the AppleTV binding: the original version that uses an embedded python instance, and which only works with older versions of OpenHAB, as well as a version that I’ve been working on that supports openhab 4 and communicates with a customized version of pyatv.

I started working on the alternate version because I was never able to get the embedded pyatv to work properly. It sounds like you’re using the version that uses an embedded python interpreter.

Any chance you can confirm that? Letting us know the URL where you downloaded the binding would give us that information.

A side note: AppleTV/HomePod support is a bit of a DIY situation regardless, as Apple have not published details of their control protocols. However, I’ve been able to implement support for most of pyatv’s features on an ongoing basis. Perhaps long term planning to upgrade to openhab 4 would be your best bet if ATV support is important to you.

Bill

1 Like

Hi Bill.

I have used the binding jar link from your posting from Jan 2023.

But in the meantime, I have used a different solution for myself. I have installed pyatv-mqtt-bridge and have thus established the connection to Openhab via the mqtt interface. It works so far without any problems for me.

Adam