Binding request: Philips air purifier

Morning,

Just added a new 3033/10, and as I didn’t find it in the binding as a thing I want to ask if that one isn’t supported?

br Leo

Will this become official part of OH?

Hi, I tried to run this on a fresh install of OpenHab but ran into an installation issue right after putting the addon in the correct directory:

nobody else seems to be mentioning this, did I mess something up with the installation process?

Hi, maybe installing UPNP manually helps. You can enter the following command in the console:

feature:install openhab-transport-upnp

wow, thanks, binidng has activated itself as soon as I installed it! Purifier appeared in inbox, after adding it I went to paperUI and spotted a very, very nice interface. Compare to xiaomi on the left where in order to change the mode I need to type the name of the mode:

Very nice job @michalboronski indeed!

I’m going to move my installation from VM to r-pi soon. I’m wondering, what needs to happen for this to be a part of core openhab?

Will this be officially integrated in OH3?

Does this Binding support the newer devices which communicate over coap, or this is it only compatible with the older http devices?

@ppolewicz for the Xiaomi one, if you know all of the possible modes (what are the exaxt values) than this can be easilly added as dropdown options.
If you let me know the exact model string and the possible options I’ll incorporate it.

@marcel_verpaalen possible modes (miio:generic:02E2100D:mode) for xiaomi purifiers are:
auto
favorite
silent
high
idle
medium
strong

but only the first three are supported by my device (modelId: zhimi.airpurifier.m1) only the first three work. I guess the rest of it are for other versions of purifiers. Philips has nice buttons aside from the dropdown (which you can activate with just one click).

Also, miio:generic:02E2100D:favoritelevel is a number from 0 to 15, it is super painful to typing it on the mobile and it would be much better to select it from a dropdown.

I made [miio] Improve Airpurifiers by marcelrv · Pull Request #9756 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub to have dropdowns for your purifier.

Can we support you in making this an official OH add-on?

now getting a different error using a 3.0.0 version of the binding in OpenHabian 3.0.0:

openhab> feature:install openhab-transport-upnp
openhab> feature:install openhab-transport-serial
openhab> bundle:list | grep Philips
216 x Installed x  80 x 3.0.0.201912282055      x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Philips Air Purifier Binding
openhab> bundle:start 216
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
        Error starting bundle 216: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.philipsair [216]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core

I tried googling this org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core thing but I can’t find any information on how to add it to openhab. Reminds me of 2002 Slackware linux with no package manager :slight_smile:
What do I need to get it to run? Also @michalboronski maybe we could, ah, motivate you somehow to productize it and put it in official OpenHab 3.0 release?

@ppolewicz as you were the one recommending Philips air… in the other topic I just posted:

No need for extra motivation :wink: - just to get a bit more time again, which I’m expecting to happen begging of March

@marcel_verpaalen :heart: ! Can I somehow test it on an existing OH 3.0 installation?

Sure… you can download my build here: https://verpaalen.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.philipsair-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

@marcel_verpaalen
Hi,
Thank you for the binding, I tried it. But unfortunately I can’t get it to work with my model.
Is there a chance you can add my model if possible?

This is what airctrl tells me about the device:

airctrl --ipaddr 192.168.178.67 --protocol coap
[name] Name: Luftreiniger
[type] Type: AC4236
[modelid] ModelId: AC4236/10
[swversion] Version: Ms4304
[language] language: EN
[DeviceVersion] DeviceVersion: 3.0.4
[om] Fan speed: 1
[pwr] Power: ON
[cl] Child lock: False
[aqil] Light brightness: 10
[uil] Buttons light: ON
[uaset] uaset: F
[mode] Mode: AG
[pm25] PM25: 6
[iaql] Allergen index: 2
[aqit] Air quality notification threshold: 10
[tvoc] Total volatile organic compounds: 1
[ddp] Used index: IAI
[rddp] rddp: 0
[fltt1] HEPA filter type: NanoProtect Filter Series 3 (FY2422)
[fltt2] Active carbon filter type: none
[fltsts0] Pre-filter and Wick: clean in 93 hours
[fltsts1] HEPA filter: replace in 4224 hours
[fltsts2] Active carbon filter: replace in 65535 hours
[filna] filna: AC3036
[filid] filid: AC30360123456789012
[range] range: Mars
[Runtime] Runtime: 7.73 hours
[WifiVersion] WifiVersion: AWS_Philips_AIR@62.1
[ProductId] ProductId: e38a7a361***********2024953075e
[DeviceId] DeviceId: 00539ef43**********ea1e770cf3c
[StatusType] StatusType: localcontrol
[ConnectType] ConnectType: Localcontrol

Thanks!

Best regards Dirk

@dirkdirk sorry, I have no further knowledge about the binding to be able to add new devices. I migrated it to OH3 as I bought one Philips Airpurifier. My order for it got cancelled, so I can’t even test if it is working.
@michalboronski may be able to help you with your request.

thanks @marcel_verpaalen, it works! The Thing got into “unknown” state when I changed thing location name, then when I paused and unpaused the Thing, handler crashed and I had to restart OH, but as long as I don’t do that, it seems to work correctly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
I also tried it out right away. The same with the location, here it changes briefly to unknow and then directly back to online. Also no crashes or the like.
What does not go at the first go:

• with power he has a wrong “On” deposited, with metadata you can fix that.

• the humidity setpoint can not be set. no matter what I try, whether with metadata or with other model types such as number, dimensionless number, etc…
    However, if I change the setpoint in the original app, then the value also changes in openhab, which means there is a connection to the humidity setpoint. Apparently it only expects other transfer values when setting.

I hope someone here has got it right and has a tip for me.

Thanks and greetings