Binding Request: Synology Surveillance Station

can you post your item Carport2_Ptz_MoveToPreset configuration

Sure, I only have it as an item in PaperUI though.

And here is another from the “Control” where the “list” is expanded. If I select an entry here, it jumps to the preset.

can you try it with this configuration

.items

String TestMovePreset "Camera moving to preset" {channel="synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8:ptz#movepreset"}

.sitemap

Switch item=TestMovePreset mappings=[Terrasse="Terrasse",home="home"]

Hi again,

Just tried it, same error.

2019-11-14 09:31:34.722 [ERROR] [ncestation.handler.SynoCameraHandler] - handle command: Carport2::synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8

There must be a log entry with TestMovePreset

Only the log entry showing:

2019-11-14 09:52:47.168 [ERROR] [marthome.model.script.TestPresetRule] - Terrasse
2019-11-14 09:52:59.009 [ERROR] [ncestation.handler.SynoCameraHandler] - handle command: Carport2::synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8

Very strange.

and you really copy my posted configuration or did you change your existing configuration?

Hi,
I copied your suggested configuration:

cat items/test_item.items
String TestPreset “Camera moving to preset” {channel=“synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8:ptz#movepreset”}

sitemap:
sitemap b20 label=“Boghvedemarken 10 NY” {
Frame label=“Genveje”{
Group item=GruppeVinduer label=“Vinduer” icon=“window”
Switch item=TestPreset mappings=[Terrasse=“Terrasse”,hjem=“hjem”] label=“CAM TEST” icon=“camera”

Log when I press “Terrasse” on the sitemap.
2019-11-14 11:10:58.004 [ERROR] [ncestation.handler.SynoCameraHandler] - handle command: Carport2::synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8

I admit I’m stuck here… perhaps it’s an OH 2.4 issue…?!

@nibi79 can you retrace this issue on your setup?

@trazzdk could you please enable debug logging for this binding in Karaf and PM me the output:
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.synologysurveillancestation
(to disable it later just run this command again with ERROR instead of DEBUG)
If even that fails, my last hope would be to compile a version with an extended error output if you’re willing to participate.

Due to some proplems with my synology and my IDE I’m not be able to retrace it on my setup at the moment.

I’ll try it tommorrow!

Hi, I managed to get it to work…

After I enabled DEBUG, I saw that each preset has an ID from the Surveillance station… I tried changing from “Terrasse” to 786 … And bang it worked…

Does it make sense? (I also send you my log, @Pavion)

Hi @trazzdk and thank you for not just only reporting an issue but also finding its cause! :grinning:
I’ve just published a new release with a fix. I still can’t test it myself but it should work as intended (which it actually never could before). Please report back whether it worked.

Hi Pavion,

I just tried:
193 │ Installed │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201911151402 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Synology Surveillance Station Binding

Restarted Openhab, changed my SiteMap - And it still doesn’t work.

Sitemap:
Frame label=“Genveje”{
Group item=GruppeVinduer label=“Vinduer” icon=“window”
Selection item=TestPreset mappings=[home=“home”,Gangsti=“Gangsti”,Biler=“Biler”, hjem=“Hjem”,Terrasse=“Terrasse”,VictorsVindue=“Victors Værelse”,Lommen=“Lommen”] label=“Carport CAM” icon=“camera”

Standard log:
2019-11-18 15:31:48.896 [ERROR] [ncestation.handler.SynoCameraHandler] - handle command: Carport2::synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8ball:

Meh :frowning:
Could you please try the rule too?

Hi, same goes for rule:

Rule
switch(actionName) {
case “SHORT_PRESSED”: {
Carport2_Ptz_MoveToPreset.sendCommand(“Gangsti”)
playSound(“sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_7828CA91163401400”, “doorbell.mp3”, new PercentType(50))
}

Error
2019-11-19 15:42:31.343 [ERROR] [ncestation.handler.SynoCameraHandler] - handle command: Carport2::synologysurveillancestation:camera:c2kan01273:8

I can confirm that the new release works with Switch mapping and Selection in sitemap (no rule is needed).

.items

String Surveillance_Presets “Camera moving to preset” {channel=“synologysurveillancestation:camera:1:ptz#movepreset”}

.sitemap

Selection item=Surveillance_Presets label=“Surveillance_Presets Selection”

or

Switch item=Surveillance_Presets label=“Surveillance_Presets Mapping” mappings=[preset1=“Preset 1”,preset2=“Preset 2”]

Thanks @nibi79
I’ve found a typo in the latest but it is related to patrols, not presets.
Presets should work fine as far as I could emulate it.
@trazzdk could you please PM your debug log again if it persists?

Since I installed Openhab 2.5.0, SynologySurveillanceStation does not load anymore. I downloaded again the most recent .jar into addons (the jar has version 2.5.0), but that didn’t help.
The message that is logged is:

Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-SynologySurveillanceStation’

Any idea what might be wrong or how to get additional information on what exactly failed during installation?

Binding works pefectly for me, thanks.

Is there a way to start and stop motion detection recording?
I use SS to record on Motion, but when I’m home, I would like to stop the motionrecording.

I use my wifi to see when my devices are home or away.

I ended up doing it directly with the API for those wondering,
you can do this by changing the “source”, -1 = “disabled” and 1=“motiondetection by SS”
http://192.168.1.146:5000/webapi/entry.cgi?&source=-1&camId=2&version=“1”&api=“SYNO.SurveillanceStation.Camera.Event”&method=“MDParamSave”&mode=1