Binding Request: Synology Surveillance Station

Hey cool a Surveilance Station binding finally!

Did not found a good reason to update/touch my openhab for some time now but with this binding I got a reason! Thanks Pavion for working on this!

it would be great if you could add a example how to use it on your github page.

Also a question in regards to the “home” status of the surveillance station which will then stop sending alarm information. Is it possible to set the surveillance station home state with the binding? I don’t see it working reliable with the surveillance station app and would prefer to set it with my already implemented home status in openhab.

NoTechi

1 Like

This error message would occur each time a handler restarts / changes / reconnects and could be ignored if not too often. Please check if you’re receiving this message only some few minutes or on each snapshot refresh. If you already have an GitHub account, please consider using issues here:

Will do.

/Mike

Hi Frederik

You don’t need an example for using this binding. Using latest openHAB 2.2 with PaperUI you should be able to discover and start using your DiskStation and your Cameras automatically.

For an installation you just need to copy the last compiled release (see project links above) in your /addons folder.

Home mode is not implemented yet but sounds like a great new feature to work on :slight_smile:

wbr
Pav

Pavion,

I was thinking of an example how to best integrate it in a sitemap but will figure it out :slight_smile: Going to try once I find some time and will let you know the outcome :slight_smile:

NoTechi

I’m using a simple image widget with HABPanel, I’m very bad at fine designing xD
Feel free to visit the project page and create new issues, HomeMode issue is already created.
Feedback is welcome!

Had to uninstall a16 i have written some information in github.

/Mike

I’ve already answered some of your issues on GitHub. Please give the new version a17 a chance. It must work.

a17 seems to be more stable.

Still having Snapshot: Handler gone offline.

/Mike

Still getting errors with a17 (see github)

/Mike

Hello together.

New version has been released introducing Home Mode (@NoTechi, @grouchal), increased timeout, better error handling and logging.

Feedback is appreciated!
Pav

First, I must thank you for this great binding. I’ve been using it for 5 days now, and it has worked flawlessly! :slight_smile: I really appreciate this binding.

Just wondered if it would be possible to send the image item from a synology camera to a chromecast? Was thinking of saving the image item to file, under /etc/openhab2/html/image.jpg. Then in a rule send this image to Chromecast. I know how to send to chromecast:

sendCommand(Chromecast_play_uri, "/openhabian:8080/static/image.jpg")

But how do I save the image from Item and not the camera url, to local folder on rpi?

best regards
chris

Thank you for your feedback!

I don’t have a Chromecast and can’t test it but I don’t think that saving a snapshot to disk and providing its URL is a good idea (disk writes, latency).

I can imagine following solutions:

• without my binding, timer in the rule: php script running on your DS is your uri (no overhead, PM for more details)
  • with my binding, timer in the rule: I could provide an STRING uri pointing at the actual snapshot, which is constant (upon login), Chromecast must be called with rule timer
  • with my binding, timer in the binding: with the refresh rate of events I could provide a non-constant URI pointing at the last snapshot, thus triggering STRING channel and then rule

Please consider this options and create a GitHub issue or reply.
wbr Pav

Hello and thank you for the bindng.
The image item is working perfect now.

But i’ve got problems with my PTZ-Cam. The movement commands seem to repeat or something. When i trigger an “UP” command, the camera moves up until the top-border. When i do the same in Surveillance Station it moves just a little step.

Hi @Pavion,

Awesome job, thanks. :slight_smile:
Are you planning to create a pull request, and have it included with OH?

Thanks,
Marton

Hi Marton!

please be assured that I am planning it. But I’m actually not happy with the update process of a merged binding, as you can see in this thread:

So as long as I’m working mostly alone and have but few testers a JAR distribution is a faster and easier way for me and I frankly don’t know why I should hurry with merging.

Thanks for your feedback!
Pav

I can’t get this binding to work, and I definitely want it to.
224 | Installed | 80 | 2.2.0.a17 | SynologySurveillanceStation Binding

tried a17 and a20

running 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT
Build #975

any ideas?

Please use the latest v20, it is also the most stable. But what is your problem exactly?

I think maybe it doesn’t start because my openhab runs on my Synology. Port conflict maybe?

The binding itself doesn’t need a port and my installation runs on my DS too. Have you tried bundle:start or bundle:status? Do you see something uncommon in your log? You can try to increase binding’s log level:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.synologysurveillancestation

… and restart openHAB. If you find something, please create an issue on GitHub if possible or write a PM.