Binding Request: Synology Surveillance Station

Negative, things file still not right.

Only the first camera was showing up as a thing in Paper UI (not the inbox…)
So i commented out the first camera thinking the second would show up, but it does not.
They all show up in the inbox, but I’m preferring to do this file-based but I’m not having any luck :\

first camera:
things file:

Bridge synologysurveillancestation:station:diskstation "SynoNAS" @ "basement" [ protocol="http", host="192.168.1.8", port="5000", username="****", password="****" ] {
Thing synologysurveillancestation:camera:diskstation:1 "fireplaceCam" @ "fireplace room"    [ refresh-rate-events=3, refresh-rate-snapshot=10, snapshot-stream-id=1 ]
Thing synologysurveillancestation:camera:diskstation:2 "hudsonCam" @ "nursery"              [ refresh-rate-events=3, refresh-rate-snapshot=10, snapshot-stream-id=1 ]
}

hudsonCam not showing up. (not working in sitemap either)

after a lot of browsing around in other things-related topics I figured out the proper syntax for the things file

Bridge synologysurveillancestation:station:diskstation "SynoNAS" @ "basement" [ protocol="http", host="192.168.1.8", port="5000", username="***", password="****" ] {
Thing camera    2       "hudson cam" [ refresh-rate-events=3, refresh-rate-snapshot=10, snapshot-stream-id=1 ]
}

where “camera” is the thing type
“2” is the camera number
“hudson cam” is the thing name (could also be “camera name” @ “camera location”)
and options still contained in square brackets.

this results in an error-free openhab log

edit
I’m also now using the MJPEG URI string item (0 refresh in Habpanel) and the cameras are refreshing at about 3 seconds per frame with no noticeable slowdown. I’m not home to check the physical tablets but the computer browser is responding normally and there’s no craploads of data in the browser console!

Now I have near-motion images right in my panels with no slowdown. nice!

Thanks for the information, it works like a charm! I’ve already updated the readme.

You can also try the static snapshot URI, which should have even lesser footprint with no junk logging as well:
Image item=Surveillance_Snapshot_Uri_Static url="[%s]" refresh=3000

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad to have figured it out and help.

The static snap uri (0 refresh or refresh filled in) in habpanel doesn’t seem to work right??
but works perfect in the sitemap. It’s fine, ~3 second refresh via mjpeg works as good or better anyway (in habpanel, 0 refresh <- i write this out knowing you already know but perhaps this is information for someone else reading).

thanks for your great work!

No, there is now a separate static URI to be had, which is not related to the event refresh rate anymore and can be only used in sitemaps, where the refresh rate is being provided as above. You may still disable event refresh rate or keep it to receive motion events as you wish (those should not overload the panel).
String Surveillance_Snapshot_Uri_Static "Static snapshot URI" {channel="synologysurveillancestation:camera:diskstation:1:common#snapshot-uri-static"}

I was trying the static uri one and nothing seems to get it to update in habpanel. if i set a refresh time in habpanel it never refreshes. that’s by design, is that what you’re saying? how can I make it refresh?

The mjpeg is neat but after a while some cameras turn to this:

Edit
I see I need to use the dynamic uri. It spams the console with a url but that is much less than an entire image :slight_smile: and seems to work well. I set the refresh to 10 seconds in the thing file but I see the url every 2 or 3 seconds. Any idea why?

You’re right, static URL don’t work with HABPanel, here the dynamic one have to be used. The opposite is true for sitemaps. This is very confusing – for me too.
As for refresh: for generating dynamic URI the event refresh rate is being used (2-3 seconds). On the other hand, refresh setting in HABPanel doesn’t actually request new URI but polls for the current URI (every 10 seconds in your case). This results in URI being refreshed frequently as actually needed / polled for.

i have every possible event set to 10 seconds and habpanels are all set to 0 seconds (disabled) and I still see the refresh happening every ~3 seconds. bear in mind this doesn’t seem to be affecting the habpanel’s performance, I’m simply stating this to you so you know something isn’t quite right.

And once again, thank you. I really appreciate the work you’ve done. This plugin in its current state is an immense help to me.

Hello Guys,
I’m pretty new to openHAB so excuse this newbee-question.
I put the .jar in the /addons-folder and I see the binding in PaperUI but I can’t discover any Things. When I try to add Things manually it doesn’t show me any Things that are available

Ok, never mind.
I added another binding and all of the sudden I could add the bridge-thing and a camera-thing. The bridge-thing get’s an “OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR” even the username and password as well as port and protocol is right. Any ideas?

Hi,

I also get this error:

Was working fine earlier. Have tried to update to latest jar, and all config is correct.

I’m on a road, will try to check on it tomorrow. Please provide more detailed logs or send a PM.
BR
Pav

Thanks Pavion. Will try to provide some more logs :slight_smile:

Hi Pavion,

I can’t seem to get too much debug information from your binding unfortunately. But this is what i’ve got:

2018-03-30 19:44:14.909 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'synologysurveillancestation:station:1390lun002139' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Errorcode: 0

2018-03-30 19:44:15.061 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'synologysurveillancestation:camera:ds-DiskStation-WORKGROUP:7' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING

2018-03-30 19:44:15.103 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'synologysurveillancestation:camera:ds-DiskStation-WORKGROUP:7' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2018-03-30 19:44:15.112 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'synologysurveillancestation:camera:ds-DiskStation-WORKGROUP:3' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING

I’m on openHAB 2.3.0 Build #1245

I’m very sure that my IP:port and credentials are correct as well.

Hi Christian. I’m getting the same error on the latest 2.3.0 snapshot and will look into it ASAP.

Updated Jetty libraries in 2.3.0 caused an exception on response handling. Please check the project page for the newest release 0.27, which should be compatible with your build.
Thanks for reporting this issue, please let me know if it worked.

Thanks Pavion! It’s working fine with your new build :smiley:

I’m on some 2.3 snapshot of some sort and have no errors. I hadn’t seen any updates to this thread in a while (forgot to turn tracking on) so I wanted to stop in and say thanks for this, its been such an awesome binding.

carry on!

Is there a way to auto-update ?