Binding Thing FGMS-001 on Aeonstick Gen 5

Hello,

I bind the MotionSensor (FGMS-001) to the AeonStick, the thing is found als following:

But it stays on unknow device, in the log i see:

But device is not working ok, i cannot create items for the motion sensor…
I read that i have to couple again and wake up the motion sensor, but i still says unknown device…

My openhab is running on a PI with the latest version, today i update it all…

Many Thx

After a period off time, resetting etc… the binding is complete!!!

But now i don’t get automatic the correct data…
When I walk past the sensor, nothing comes in Openhab… No update on the items…

When i reboot openhab (PI) the are 3 values updates:

How can i detect a motion?

What settings do you use? There are several topics regarding motion sensors in general and this device specifically and how they should be set up.

Yes i read them all, but i guess i miss some info…

Here are my settings

Items are created from the things wizard with the paper ui

First of all I would try to make the sensor as sensitive as possible, to see if you get any response at all. For example reduce parameter 3 to 1, set parameter 1 to 10 or even 5, and just to be sure set association group 2 to controller as well.

I update the settings…

The only information i see in the log is:

2019-01-06 00:12:26.501 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:3a51604e:node4’ has been updated.

2019-01-06 00:12:28.495 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:3a51604e:node4’ has been updated.

2019-01-06 00:12:30.491 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:3a51604e:node4’ has been updated.

2019-01-06 00:12:32.494 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:3a51604e:node4’ has been updated.

2019-01-06 00:12:34.495 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:3a51604e:node4’ has been updated.

2019-01-06 00:12:36.493 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:3a51604e:node4’ has been updated.

No other results…

Do the other items of the device update, so for example, can you get a signal from the tamper button for example?

Nope, i have reinstall everything, reset the controller, reset the motion thing.

Fresh install to openhab, now i have received the temp en motion status OFF, de motion status NEVER go to ON.

When i move the motion thing, all leds blink, no update in OpenHAB :frowning:

I have a small template:

{{item.name}}
{{itemValue(item.name)}}

Items:
Number tmpBatt (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:battery-level” }
Number tmpTemp (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:sensor_temperature” }
Switch tmpBinary (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:sensor_binary” }
Number tmpLum (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:sensor_luminanc” }
Switch tmpMotion (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:alarm_motion” }
Switch tmpTamper (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:alarm_tamper” }
Switch tmpGeneral (gMotionSensor) { channel=“zwave:device:98a581d2:node2:alarm_general” }

Yes, after long time, i get the Tamper & General, but No Motion :frowning:

What do the debug logs show? There must be something?

do you mean this one Chris?

2019-01-06 12:29:17.925 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - tmpTamper changed from OFF to ON

2019-01-06 12:29:18.185 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - tmpGeneral changed from OFF to ON

When i shake the motion sensor, i get this values, thats correct i guess?

UPDATE:
Place the motion sensor outside, temp updates will come!!

Hi,
please DO NOT use Paper UI for the configuration of this Motion Sensor. It took me abou a weekt to figure out that Paper UI doing some stange this while configuration. I had the same Issus you have. When I used Habmin, it worked instantly!

Best,
Olli

No. The debug logs are the same as the normal OH log (ie same file) but you need to enable debug level with the following console command -:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave

For reference -:

Yes all configured (the second time, after reset all) with habmin.

I found that in the community…

thanks, i update the debug log level.

I see now more info…

How can i send you the log file?

The best approach is to use something like dropbox, or a similar free hosting site where you can upload the log, then provide the link here.

OK,

http://timbo.nl/skill/openhab.log

That’s the url… is this the correct log?

Either it’s extremely large, or there’s something else wrong as the download in the browser seems to be taking a small eternity.

How large is the file?

Ok, it finally downloaded - took about 5 minutes, but it’s only about 10MB!

I don’t see anything wrong in the log. You are right in that there are no motion events, but I’m not sure why. You have the wakeup period set really low by the looks of it - this won’t affect anything other than the battery life of the device which will likely be quite short (wakeup seems to be about 5 seconds).

Given that temperature and luminance are being reported, I would assume associations are configured.

One thing I do notice is that alarm_general is not a channel on the device now - so possibly there was a problem with the database that has been rectified and if you’re not using the latest snapshot version of 2.5, then it is probably worth trying this.