Binding Thing FGMS-001 on Aeonstick Gen 5

I use binding-zwave - 2.4.0… i will try update the binding.

What is the best wakeup period? I have update it now to 3600…? Is that better?

Yes - 1 hour is normally a pretty good compromise between battery life, and being able to update the device. A longer wakeup won’t impact the normal operation, but will mean if you make configuration changes, they will not be transferred to the device until the next wakeup.

openhab> list -s | grep zwave
215 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201901061034 │ org.openhab.binding.zwave
openhab>

i have update it!!
Now testing again, i don’t install all things “again”, it is on old setup

It works!!

Steps:

1. Update 2.4 to 2.5
  2. Remove the stick
  3. Reboot the PI
  4. Reset the stick
  5. Reset the motion device
  6. Add motion device to the stick
  7. Insert the stick into the PI
  8. Open HabMin
  9. Add controller
  10. Wait couple of minutes
  11. Add motion controller
  12. Wait couple of minutes
  13. Enter 3 times the b button, enter 1 times the b button
  14. Motion controller recognized, update items to new address
  15. Motion is detected!!!
  16. Wait 15 mins Temp is detected!!!

Tamper is working!
Lum is not working at this time,maybey later :slight_smile:

Thx everybody for the help / tips / tricks!!!

@Jeroen_Timmers i also have a few FGMS001 Motion Sensors. They seem to work correctly with the 2.5 snapshot. But I also have issues with the luminance part.

I found out that the binding seems to change the luminance value to % quantity type but according to the manual https://www.cd-jackson.com/zwave_device_uploads/328/FGMS-001-EN-T-v2-1.pdf the default config for eg. default report change treshold is a number like 200 lux. I changed the threshold from 200 to 2 et voila suddenly i get the luminance change events.

@chris is there a specific reason why these values are sent as a percentage?

Hi @struvusmaximus, i was just looking why i get such small values, I am also curious about Chris’ answer, because i wants to use it for outdoor lamps as well.

Luminance is normally reported in percent - I don’t know exactly what the device is reporting, but the standard defaults to percent, but can also be reported in luminance. I don’t think that the binding does any conversion, but I would need to check.

However, the channel type needs to be statically defined in ESH. So, it’s quite possible that the channel is defined in percent, and then somewhere it is getting converted (either in the binding, or elsewhere in ESH).

Please provide a log showing what is sent from the device. It may be that we need to provide different channel types to allow different item types to be used.

I have the same motion sensor. If I leave all settings default, communication is weird. You get temperature updates when there is a degree change.

When you change the wake up to an hour it seems to work much better, also setting the lux change back to 25 also give constant results.

Whenever I add and remove the device I just add it again and won’t touch it for the first 24 hours, the next day I can ussually configure it without problems. With paper ui.

But the adding and testing realtime is a hassle with these units. I also have the smoke sensor, same thing.

ZWave.log (97.0 KB)

Here’s a part of the separate zwave log file that runs on debug level.

Thanks. The device is reporting in lux - the problem I’ll need to work out is how to provide that as a channel…

Number OFFGMS0001Lux “Lux” (G_Lux, G_Persistence) {channel=“zwave:device:0b98530e:node6:sensor_luminance”}

this is what I use as Item in my items file. Of course your zwave controller has a different number than 0b98530e.

You can then refer to OFFGMS0001Lux (or waht name you give it) in your sitemap. Good luck.

@khakzoy the problem isn’t getting a value (as stated above)
It’s getting a % value which you would not expect if you look at the config values its using lux values (eg. 1000 or threshold 200 lux).